SAU Community

R33 Gt25st

Hi everyone. I have recently purchased a R33 GT25ST 1995 skyline and I need to obtain a wiring diagram to install an alarm.... I was sold a Vision system from Auto Barn but the local store has a very bad name for giving out rego number and the alarm type fitted..

so I wnat to do the install myself... I can find the wiring for the GTR but not mine.. can anyone help me

Why would you need a Wiring diagram for any car?

Surely a test light and a multimetre would be able to tell you all you need to know about a vehicles wiring system. It is just a matter of knowing how to apply these tools.

If you really are going to rely on a wiring diagram then I would say this -

- your car will be easy to steal because you dont know how to instal.

So please, take your car to a professional that will do it properly, spend the couple of extra bucks on a decent instalation.

Surely a test light and a multimetre would be able to tell you all you need to know about a vehicles wiring system. It is just a matter of knowing how to apply these tools.

So please, take your car to a professional that will do it properly, spend the couple of extra bucks on a decent instalation.

Pj Thanks for the advice... I do understand what you are saying and I would do exactly as you say except I am 52 years old and have had too many bustups on the track over the years and I don't bend to fit under the dash like you young fellas....

• 2 months later...

There is an old saying about re-inventing the wheel. Why should we spend ages working stuff out when people already know the answer.

A wiring diagram makes it quicker to find what you are after.

I don't think one should simply cut the wires then twist and tape, but a diagram to give us an idea where stuff is at, so we can then confirm with a test lamp is a good idea.

I'm about to try install an alarm myself, so I'm currently browsing for diagrams or some info to help me get started, all I can find is you telling people to pay lots of money for an install. I'd prefer to do it myself, so when something goes wrong, I can fix it myself.

Don't try and say a professional's work never goes wrong... many years of modifying cars has told me that isn't true.

So can anyone give me a heads up on any sort of diagram for a R33 S2 GTSt?

Its a good gesture to think of security like that... however, as someone who has obviously done alot of wiring, would you not agree that:

a) no matter how much studying of a wiring diagram you do, nothing compares to actually getting in the car and doing it

b) having said that, if i want to be an uber car theif who can disarm an alarm in seconds, i would be far better off working as an alarm installer than studying wiring diagrams

I think you know because of your experience, people asking for wiring diagrams are going to take a few hours to sort their shit out once they start cuting and joining wires. the people you have to worry about aren't those requesting diagrams.

its like saying i won't give u a martial arts book incase u turn into a ninja....

I still stand by this.

Oh, and as a side note, if your "professional installer" uses a cheat sheet, wiring diagram or the likes, then take your car somewhere else.

You would be suprised at the low skilled people who pass themselves off as alarm installers.

With the end result being the alarm has no effectiveness and makes the car easy to steal.

Its a good gesture to think of security like that... however, as someone who has obviously done alot of wiring, would you not agree that:

a) no matter how much studying of a wiring diagram you do, nothing compares to actually getting in the car and doing it

b) having said that, if i want to be an uber car theif who can disarm an alarm in seconds, i would be far better off working as an alarm installer than studying wiring diagrams

I think you know because of your experience, people asking for wiring diagrams are going to take a few hours to sort their shit out once they start cuting and joining wires. the people you have to worry about aren't those requesting diagrams.

its like saying i won't give u a martial arts book incase u turn into a ninja....

A)

correct. however if you are willing to do that then you can make your own diagram. somehting I do daily.

B)

yes. now if you do it in NSW then you are linked to a database that is linked DIRECTLY to teh police.

now I will not hand out diagrams to anybody for two reasons:

1. having to repeat myself 20-30 times.

2. geeting blamed for someone elses F'up when they grenade an airbag or frying a harness.

3. if you need a diagram then you really shouldnt be working on the car as per PJ's point.

So you guys don't believe in reference material?

So each car you get in, you ALREADY know where the wires are you want... wait, you just said you make your own diagrams daily... but then you say anyone who uses one doesn't know what they are doing... do you make them and not use them?

Clearly you both know alot about alarms and installs, but I'm not bringing my car to you when I can do it myself. oh and you are from like ages away.

The reason I still bother with the point is I think you aren't achieving all that much treating wiring diagrams as skeleton keys.

Fair point not wanting to get blammed for shit, I hope no one on these forums would do that tho.

Haven't done a massive search. This is what I came up with so far. No idea if its similar to R33 or not, haven't checked yet.

**URL Removed**

If anyone tries to use this, they should take responsibility for their own actions.

I am sure the owners of these cars will thankyou for the service you have provided. Skylines get knocked off enough as it is. Great work.

So each car you get in, you ALREADY know where the wires are you want... wait, you just said you make your own diagrams daily... but then you say anyone who uses one doesn't know what they are doing... do you make them and not use them?

Clearly you both know alot about alarms and installs, but I'm not bringing my car to you when I can do it myself. oh and you are from like ages away.

The reason I still bother with the point is I think you aren't achieving all that much treating wiring diagrams as skeleton keys.

Fair point not wanting to get blammed for shit, I hope no one on these forums would do that tho.

Let me make this point clear. I do not currently work as an installer, I do not currently work in a Car Audio or security shop. I left that long ago and graduated to the big leagues.

So let me tell you about one of things I do for money.

I work as a consultant to a couple of Major insurance companies here in Australia. I assist them when cars have been stolen/ recovered and there is a dispute relating to the insurance claim.

My job specifically see's me looking at cars with security devices installed.

As you are obviously aware, to be covered by insurance you will need an Australian standards immobiliser or better fitted to the car.

Great, so you buy your product from ebay or jb to save a couple of bucks, then fit it yourself.

WHEN your car is stolen, you make your claim, you have a product receipt, you dont have an install receipt. You say you put it in yourself.

1st question - Do you have a current NSW security licence?

No? dont got one - CLAIM VOID NO MONEY OR CAR

2nd Question - Do you have a certificate or accreditation from the Alarm manufacturer?

No? dont got one - CLAIM VOID NO MONEY OR CAR

3rd Question - Have you got more than 5 years industry experience in this (nsw) or other states within Australia?

No, CLAIM VOID - NO MONEY OR CAR

So, please dont beleive me, save a few bucks up front, cars dont get stolen that often and you are always going to park it in a "safe" place.

We were just trying to provide some honest advice that may help you to keep your car safe, but please disregard that.

Maybe next time you are on google you could post up all the threads from all the import forums of all the skylines that are stolen never to be seen again because the owner "saved a few bucks".

You don't really think that will help someone steal cars do you?

How about this one: MANY people DON'T insure their skylines. Did you know that?? Thats right, alot of people don't insure their vehicles because the people that pay you, the insurance companies, are an absolute raught! BIG BUCKS, not a few, MASSIVE BUCKS.

I have no doubt every case you stated causes a - CLAIM VOID NO MONEY OR CAR

Cause thats how they roll! I know a bloke who had a motor cycle stolen, they went through his PHONE RECORDS, two seperate sit down interviews, so on... and I don't know if they have paid yet. Insurance doesn't really phase me.

I had a motor bike stolen recently, I know what I did wrong, it won't happen again. I got it back anyway, due to a kill switch... which don't work so you say... Point is, it should have been chained up and a screech alarm to let me know someone was touching it would have helped, so thats what it has now.

Its great you have such good intentions, but get some touch.

Any theif that is good enough to by pass security would not be checking out this thread hoping I would post up some info, they would already know exactly what they were doing. You know that.

in my case yes. I know how to use a multimeter and know what to stay clear of when working on the cars.

I do- after 17 years doing this I know a fair bit about the cars I do. if I do not then I go to a local dealership and talk to a tech about it ( this is the case with a new benz , porsche,volvo etc.) for a few minutes then go prod with multimeter.

- bah, let that info into the wrong hands- would you like your gone with info found on the net. its that easy.

trust me I get blamed for things I DIDNOT do daily to cars. its easier not to give info aout in most cases and not have to deal with it.

the diagram you linked to is incorrect btw.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry, but how can a wiring diagram, for a car, help a theif?

I can understand if it's the wiring diagram for the alarm, but isn't the person asking for the diagram for the car?

In which case, people need these daily for doing thinks like ECU installs. (Ones that aren't plug and play!)