SAU Community

Rear Window Vents On Parcel Shelf

My R33 s1 has vents on the parcel shelf, just at the bottom of the rear window. They are basically just an open vent into the boot.

Is this how they're supposed to be?

I thought i read somewhere that these were like a rear window demister (like the windscreen vents are), through the aircon.

When the car is outside on a cold night, the back window ices up from the inside, through these vents.

Is this just how they are? opening straight into the boot area?

Cool, that's a relief. I thought the previous owner may have butchered it up or something.

So there's no cover or anything under there? U can see straight through the vents if you stick your head up from inside the boot?

Cool, that's a relief. I thought the previous owner may have butchered it up or something.

So there's no cover or anything under there? U can see straight through the vents if you stick your head up from inside the boot?

mine had a rubber flap on mine..

i believe it is there to allow the doors to close easily ie remove the pressure lock inside the car when you close the last door..

there is another vent like this on the drivers side rear quarter panel, under the car

Yea the vents are like that stock, I removed mine long time ago as the plastics and thin wood sheets have broken, so just made a new one out of 5mm MDF

There's this silver box with wires on top of the driver side suspension struts which I have no clue what it does, I had to take it out because it was in the way of my rear strut brace, anyone got a clue if its anything important?

I might just block those vents, although i was considering replacing the whole shelf with mdf, for mounting some decent speakers.

Not sure what that box is, but at a guess, i'd say it's important enough to leave in.

thanks for ur help ppls. once again. this is a great forum, excellent community.

only had my R33 for 2 weeks now. and loving it. :laugh:

There's this silver box with wires on top of the driver side suspension struts which I have no clue what it does, I had to take it out because it was in the way of my rear strut brace, anyone got a clue if its anything important?

When i was looking to install 6x9's in my parcel shelf i read a post telling me not to remove it as its important. I guess if you do a search about 6x9's you might find the post i read.

have you got a strut brace accross your parcel shelf? just lowered my car today so i know what your talking bout but i didnt think you could put a strut brace accross the actual strut towers. ive got a gtr one in the boot behind the little carpet wall thingy. thought that was the only spot for a rear strut brace.

I didnt think you could put a GTR strut brace into a GTS-t which is why I found these one that go above tha parcel shelve, Im in the process of drilling holes in my mdf panel to accomodate the brace towers. which means I have to recarpet the mdf.