SAU Community

Urgent Question

BWA

Basically I have just had the worst experience of my life and I am shaken up and really upset.

When I calm down I will post what actually happened but first who do I call to report a dickhead driver?

Would I call the local cops? I have NEVER witnessed driving like this before or ever felt so at risk on the road. Normally if I see someone driving like an idiot I don't care but what just happened I can't just let go.

Any answers would be appreciated ASAP.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything okay?

I guess you can report to police, but without an officer to witness said reckless driving then there's nothing they can do about it, it would only be hearsay on your part.

I had some bogan asshole in a CV8 nearly ram my rear end from tailgating, then nearly smashed my driver side after he cut me off :D

@ssholes like that should be banned for life from driving & that's the least I would do!

If there was any damage done you can take pictures & report to police, if they find the car with damage aswell you have a pretty strong case otherwise

Hey there Amanda,wow sorry to hear that something so bad has shaken you up.Its sad that we have to come across drivers like that who risk endaring themselves and others lives.

Anyway I dont know about Aus..but here you can call the cops and report a driver (using the number plate) and the cops would look into it..make serious inquires if its a case of life endangerment by that motorist.

So yeah follow Br3tt and Yo-Yos advice and call the cops and talk to them about what happened.See what they have to say.

Hope they can sort things out.Cheers..

Ok I am writing a statement and going down to the police station tonight.

To give a general idea it involved an old commodore with green P plates, a one lane street with a bicycle lane and them trying to basically kill me because that is what could have happened.

Ok well I only got half the plates and I will explain why.

Basically I left my house and I was near the top of my street with no other cars behind me. I have the habit of checking my rearview mirror every couple of seconds. All of a sudden I hear some loud shitbox and so I look and it had come from the bottom of the street to right behind me so they were doing at least 120km/hr to catch up.

I turned left and they started tailgating me. This guy was so close I couldn't even see his headlights. He was pissing me off so I tapped the brakes and he had to swerve to the left so he didn't hit me. If I had slammed on the brakes he would have hit me for sure.

I just kept doing the speed limit which was 60km/hr and he stayed right behind me. Then he started swerving back and forth, practically hitting some parked cars.

There is a bicycle lane thing where cars park and it has islands every hundred metres or so. Anyway as soon as he got the chance he got into that lane and then as he was going past kind of swerved at me. Obviously I freaked out but I didn't move. Then he cut in front of me and floored it.

There was a roundabout up ahead and he went at least 80-90km/hr around it. I could tell because I have gone maybe 70 around it a couple of times. He had no control of his car and practically rolled it as he came out. Then he disappeared.

After I got out of the roundabout he was all the way at the bottom of the street at the next roundabout. The only way he would have gotten there so fast is to go at least 140km/hr because it is a kind of long distance.

It probably doesn't sound as bad as it was now that I write it down. Basically they were behind me for about 1 or 2 kms and were so close the entire time I couldn't see their headlights in my rearview.

I have never seen anyone drive like that, especially in a residential area where there are people going for jogs and riding bikes constantly. I'm lucky I didn't react when he swerved at me or I would have been gone for sure.

I barely got the plates because he sped off so quickly but I have some details about the car and it wouldn't be too hard to track them down myself. They were obviously on drugs or something because I have never seen or heard of someone driving like that straight.

I'm fairly sure that they did it because I was in a skyline on my green Ps.

Amanda,

I'm actually amazed that that's the first you've encountered this type of behavour. For some reason, driving a skyline seems to attract dickheads like this. By all means, make a report with the police but don't honestly expect any result. Even if you give them a full lic plate, the chances are that nothing will happen. Police are virtually powerless unless presented with good evidence or multiple witnesses.

Hope you're going to be OK !! Just remember, Sydney has a insane amount of drivers on the road and sooner or later you're bound to come across the occasional idiot. Just avoid them as best you can and let them go on their way. If you're really lucky you'll pass them further down the road after they smash into a tree :ermm: ( I speak from experience on that one ).

Best of luck ! Now go have a hot chocolate and think about something else.

Thats just stupid on hes part. I can never understand why people are in such a rush to get around. Surely the exra 2 mins you save speeding is not worth it. Half the time the speeders get a traffic light or caught in traffic and you catch up to them anyway. I say, leave 2 mins earlier from your house and drive sow.

Amanda, where abouts did this happen? and what was the partial plate? Could have been stolen or anything. Im glad that your ok then. It's idiots like that, that wind up wrapped around a tree and later ending up in the papers because they are 'young and a wasted life' or inciting a riot...