SAU Community

Aftermarket Ecu For Rb20

and a pfc brand new cost more than 1g retail with hand controller if a pfc can be had brand new for a ca18det ;) for under 1g with hand controller ill take 50 plz

Buy from nengun, one would be silly not to. :D

The RB25 pfc is in stock and will be at your door within 10days after payment is cleared, if you deposit in to their aus bank account that will be 1-2days.

So just under a fortnight. Which isn't so bad. :)

when u do rb conversion in to silvias(which i do) the pfc is no good as every sensor has to be hooked up for the ecu to work propley

Your situation is considerably different to one with an r32/r33/r34 simply dropping an aftermarket ecu; The Haltec, microtech or wolf is going to cost another ~$500 on top just for the ecu. Unsure exactly what is required to get a haltec going with regards to loom requirements and extra purchases.

At the end of the day you cannot go past the powerfc for its price. A haltec with similiar inj. and coil outputs with closed loop idle control is ~2k+. :D

Does the Haltec come with knock sensor, my self personally I wouldn't own an ecu that doesn't.

From a quick search it appears the price of the ecu's are:

Microtech LTX12 - $1495

+ X4/X6 Ignition Modules - $150

Wolf3d plugin - $1395

PowerFC & H/C plugin - $921 + postage

Haltech E11v2 - $2350

(Do they have 6 coil drivers?) Quickly, I wasn't able to find any info on it.

6 coil drivers for the rb's is required for reliability. Microtech and wolf have it.

I don't understand your problem with sensors not running the pfc. The PFC is nothing special, no fancy sensors, no fancy cold idle stepper motor control. The Skylines are rather basic in this respect.

See the R32/R33 pin out, rather basic, nothing fancy there... :D

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...st&id=44736

Buy from nengun, one would be silly not to. :wub:

The RB25 pfc is in stock and will be at your door within 10days after payment is cleared, if you deposit in to their aus bank account that will be 1-2days.

So just under a fortnight. Which isn't so bad. :D

Your situation is considerably different to one with an r32/r33/r34 simply dropping an aftermarket ecu; The Haltec, microtech or wolf is going to cost another ~$500 on top just for the ecu. Unsure exactly what is required to get a haltec going with regards to loom requirements and extra purchases.

At the end of the day you cannot go past the powerfc for its price. A haltec with similiar inj. and coil outputs with closed loop idle control is ~2k+. :dry:

Does the Haltec come with knock sensor, my self personally I wouldn't own an ecu that doesn't.

From a quick search it appears the price of the ecu's are:

Microtech LTX12 - $1495

+ X4/X6 Ignition Modules - $150

Wolf3d plugin - $1395

PowerFC & H/C plugin - $921 + postage

Haltech E11v2 - $2350

(Do they have 6 coil drivers?) Quickly, I wasn't able to find any info on it.

6 coil drivers for the rb's is required for reliability. Microtech and wolf have it.

I don't understand your problem with sensors not running the pfc. The PFC is nothing special, no fancy sensors, no fancy cold idle stepper motor control. The Skylines are rather basic in this respect.

See the R32/R33 pin out, rather basic, nothing fancy there... :P

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...st&id=44736

you can use the haltech e6x witch will run a 6cyl no probs for $1395rrp

as for the sensors im taiking about stuff not there on the silvia that is on the skyline(ie power steering pressure switch non hicas) and dicking around with getting the a/c working hooking up the pryrometer hooked up (for rb25)etc

I did a compression test on my car when it had a Microtech L12 installed. The damn ECU blew up - apparently you are meant to unplug the whole damn thing when you do a compression test - Don't have to do that with a Power FC

when dropping a rb motor into a s chassis you can use a pfc with no problems what so ever, the only trick to it is emulating the wiring as it would be in the skyline meaning that the constant power to coil and eccs relay is connected and the ign bits are as well.

on my car ive got all the ancilerary sensors (ac,ps,whatever) wired up to the rb and ive never had a problem with it.

when i get the motor back into the car i plan to run it off of a rb25 pfc...

when dropping a rb motor into a s chassis you can use a pfc with no problems what so ever, the only trick to it is emulating the wiring as it would be in the skyline meaning that the constant power to coil and eccs relay is connected and the ign bits are as well.

on my car ive got all the ancilerary sensors (ac,ps,whatever) wired up to the rb and ive never had a problem with it.

when i get the motor back into the car i plan to run it off of a rb25 pfc...

so how did u get the p/s pressure switch hooked up (when the silvia doesnt have one ) good luck with the rb25 ecu as u have to hook up the pryometer up as part of feed back to the ecu if not the ecu will chuck a hissy fit (unless its not needed with the pfc)

ca18 sr20 and rb20 run the same setup for the eccs,and ignition coil relay its just located in a different location

Others have had no issues running rb25 ecu's in their R32 rb20's..

The pinout is also almost identical. Its interesting to note my R32 PFC is an early revision mainboard with a little rb25 stamp, has the injector pins 4 & 6 have been chopped and swapped, ecu pin 57 also has its track cut.

Others have had no issues running rb25 ecu's in their R32 rb20's..

The pinout is also almost identical. Its interesting to note my R32 PFC is an early revision mainboard with a little rb25 stamp, has the injector pins 4 & 6 have been chopped and swapped, ecu pin 57 also has its track cut.

is that definately all that needs to be done to run the RB20 with an rb25det PFC ??

mate has just been looking for them, one supplier is saying september before they get more, waiting on an email back from nengun atm.

so how did u get the p/s pressure switch hooked up (when the silvia doesnt have one ) good luck with the rb25 ecu as u have to hook up the pryometer up as part of feed back to the ecu if not the ecu will chuck a hissy fit (unless its not needed with the pfc)

ca18 sr20 and rb20 run the same setup for the eccs,and ignition coil relay its just located in a different location

im afraid you are mistaken here, every silvia front clip ive seen has a ps switch on it and my personal usdm s14 car has a ps idle up switch, so it was just a matter of wiring it into the loom.

as far as pyrometer wtf are you talking about NO nissan ecu used an egt sensor for any reason, the r32 rb20 has an exh warning light but it is not needed for ecu operation.

trust me here ive done enough rb swaps into s chassis cars to know what they have and what they dont have...