SAU Community

Air Issue I Think?

Premo23

Hi their i have an R33 S1 GTS-T.

Last night when i finished work i noticed when i took off the engine sounded like it was sucking alot of air as i was building up speed. It was fairly noisy than normal and also the BOV wasn't making the same noise as i backed off the accelarator. Also when you stuck the foot into it i noticed a fairly noticeable power loss aswell than normal. It just doesn't pull like usual. Had a quick look at my HKS Pod and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and also checked the hoses for leaks but came up with nothing. When it was running it didn't run hot at all either.

Any Ideas Guys?

Thx James

Rather sounds like an intake leak. Could be anything along the way after the turbo.. (intercooler piping)

It would give you all those symptoms. The charge-air escaping would be louder than your filter intake sound, and it would give you pretty poor performance as the leak opens up.

Had a very thorough look at all my pipework today except for the exhaust manifold and looked at all the clamps and not one was loose. Today it has started to idle roughly and occasionally stall when pulling up.

Any more ideas?