SAU Community

Cooler Pipes

I posted on here a few weeks back that a mate and i were making my new cooler pipes for my new turbo that i got on, well there finally done. i took advice from ppl on here and made a join to get to the oil cap easily. the first pick is my old setup with my cheap T70 that i blew up and the rest are with my new gt3040. (i have put 2 vac lines on there one just needs to be rewelded it just sits beside the other, and i have not plumbed in the bov as yet but thats easily done). I noticed i have heaps more room near the pod filter and its so much more neater. i havent tried it out for lag etc etc as my car has no.6 gone and is getting rebuilt in the next few months.

All up it was 3 donuts (well tad less) and bout a metre and a half of straight pipe, allow a good 2 days for this, we needed one to test and spot weld and another to weld properly and fit back up.

post-28791-1152347291.jpg

post-28791-1152347318.jpg

post-28791-1152347366.jpg

post-28791-1152347389.jpg

Edited by sinistagtst

all up cost me $80 plus your hose clamps and hose which i had. you also need just a thin bit of pipe for vacuum hose and i used a bit of 16mm pipe for the vac back to the plenum (and a bit of paint but get that from super cheap). cheap alternative, and that was for both sides. call your exhaust shop and just get prices on the donuts and your straight pipe.