SAU Community

What To Do?

Guest 4NGI3

Thanks CanberraR33, thats really put my mind at ease about puchasing locally. It makes heaps of sense too, yeh i can get RAC to check it and it'll all be good. Thanks again! :D

So Roy, now that I know the defination of "Pinging"... which would be better for my car -better feul economy with Optimax, or no pinging with BP Ultimate? what would be the better juice for my baby? that i get economy and pinging... or no pinging and less economical? I may be doing your head in asking too many questions, but i just want to do the right thing right from the start :uh-huh:

33Spec2: dunno I haven't heard anything about getting parts removed and shipped seperately but I have heard that you have to get them removed and provide evedince that they have been destroyed. No doubt someone like Prestige would know the deal.

I agree a stock car is less likley to have been thrashed, I bought a stock car for that reason. But if you are importing it and getting stuff removed, it's still just as likley to have been driven hard.

well

i went out when i was 17.

got a vl HEHE

had 304 5L v8 (not a 308)

with trimatic n all the other crap, blew the crap outa 5 pistons.

now ive got a r33 GTST.

i didnt even look at the non turbo ones.

only advice i can give u if u get a gtst, dont boost in the wet!!!

and take it easy for the first few months.

yeah I remember the first time I drove mine in the wet, I got wheel spin up a hill till I got into 4th lol :burnout:

Plus I found it drifted way too easily around corners with the standard 225 tires. I got new wheels and now I have 265s on the back which is good cause u only drift when u want to ;)