SAU Community

Painting R33 Brembo's

Hey Fellow Skyliners

My Brembo's are in need to be painted and I was wondering what is the best method.

1. Painting them myself, using VHT brake paint.

2. Sending them away to be painted professionally. Recommendations who?

Also, Would anyone know where to find the "BREMBO" stickers?

Thankyou in advanced

Intune

Give then a good clean, mask the area off with newspaper and way you go. I think with brembos it should be stamped on the caliper just scrap of the paint with a knife. Use a paint pen to high light BREMBO.

Don't waste money on VHT. Looks crap after a few heat cycles on the track on my racecar, although that was a nice job on those above.

Go with the Duplicolor Metalcast. Looks too sweet. I've used it on the cam and front cover of the RB26 and the Sumitotmo calipers on one of my GTSt's and it is wonderful.

Thankyou for your replies.

JK

Your mate Brendan has done an AWESOME job and look great. Still I am unsure sure how he done the lettering "BREMBO".

Would be OK if I email him?

Cheers

intune

Don't waste money on VHT. Looks crap after a few heat cycles on the track on my racecar, although that was a nice job on those above.

Go with the Duplicolor Metalcast. Looks too sweet. I've used it on the cam and front cover of the RB26 and the Sumitotmo calipers on one of my GTSt's and it is wonderful.

GTRgeoff

Would I find that paint at repco or somewhere like that?

Cheers

intune

No need to be formal here. Geoff is just fine :)

I get mine from Supercheap. Used a wire wheel on the brakes after a full brakekleen, then masked and used the silver base coat, then the crystal red top coat for a similar finish to this

IMGP0077.jpg

No need to be formal here. Geoff is just fine :)

I get mine from Supercheap. Used a wire wheel on the brakes after a full brakekleen, then masked and used the silver base coat, then the crystal red top coat for a similar finish to this

IMGP0077.jpg

Geoff

Looks fabo, did you use a clear coat?

No, the crystal red is a semi clear over silver base. I have some 2 pack top clear and that would be great but might not like the heat.

The metalcast is heat resistant and brake dust doesn't stick so stay crystal red.

You can get purple and some other hideous colour but the red is good for me.

No, the crystal red is a semi clear over silver base. I have some 2 pack top clear and that would be great but might not like the heat.

The metalcast is heat resistant and brake dust doesn't stick so stay crystal red.

You can get purple and some other hideous colour but the red is good for me.

Thankyou for your help.

will try this weekend.

I repainted my a while ago exactly the same. The stencil I had made by a sign shop. I can send you the Brembo artwork and then simply give them the file and tell them that you are wanting a stencil for painting. I did find a stencil kit you can buy, however that was out of the UK. Painted mine using VHT black with silver "Brembo". Went over it all with a high temp clear coat however the clear coat perishes every time I go on the track so I simply wiped it all off. VCHT has been great ever since.

I have just sourced myself some of that fangdangled-Duplicolor Metalcast-for my callipers.

It's going to be a friday night job.So sunday i can show them off.:P

Do you suggest cleaning the surface with wet n dry,what grade?, and then some prepsol??

you need the stencils to do the calipers..... i have it if anyone needs....also 2 pack clear is more than strong enough for the application....i dont know why you guys think that single pack paint would be more durable than 2 pack