SAU Community

Air Flow Meter Voltage

Hey guys,

Got me car going again after putting on the front mount... and now, when i run ecu diagnostics im getting code 12 which is air flow meter fault.

anyhow, i plugged in my diagnostics tool and while driving i found that the air flow meter value still seemed to fluctuate and such....

does anyone know the range of vaules it should be?

I noticed the car had a massive deadspot at 5 grand.... and the airflow meter seemed to be hitting about 5.11V at this point in time.... any ideas?

cheers.

Cheers for that mate. will try the new afm im ordering to see if it makes a difference :blink:

Still think that it hitting 5.11 volts at about 5000 rpm is a bit sus but i really dont know much about them.

You hitting 5.11 volts does not suprise me at all.

My brother's R32 maxes out his afm and the resolution of a 20 afm and a 25 afm is virtually the same. His did it after he put on the FMIC.

If you have a big boost/vacume leak you will get a afm fault code aswell.

You hitting 5.11 volts does not suprise me at all.

My brother's R32 maxes out his afm and the resolution of a 20 afm and a 25 afm is virtually the same. His did it after he put on the FMIC.

If you have a big boost/vacume leak you will get a afm fault code aswell.

Hmm. thanks for that.

Ive gone over it and cant find any boost leaks. but it would make sense as the car is popping after backing off up high in the rev range. I have ordered splitfire coils and a second hand afm to test the problem. back to basics i guess!

Edited by bilbo117