SAU Community

Air Release Valve

I have a slight problem out of all things ive got air trapped somewhere in the radiator lines and as far as i know i need to find the air release valve, but havent got the foggiest of where it is, ive looked got service manuals and still cant find the bloody thing,

Im assuming the rb25det does have one aswell, but if someone can help me out that would be great on the location via a picture of their own, as i seem to cant find one on mine.

Cheers adam

it's a brass coloured nut that is in between the plenum and the cam cover that is attached to some solid brass coloured lines. should also have a sticker on it that says something along the lines of "do not remove when hot"

F@%k is there a possibility i dont have one, coz i can not find one on my car, where its meant to be on the plenum, its missing, well theres nothing attached to the scew hole, most likely removed when the previous owner installed IC piping all i know is there is a brass T-Piece assuming that this might be it that has replaced the ARV hmmm now how the bleep am i going to bleed the air from that?

Any Suggestions

remove the small water hose which runs into the throttle body (just pull it off slightly) and, withthe radiator full AND WITH THE CAP ON, squeeze the lower radiator hose. While holding the hose in the squeezed position...replace the throttle body hose, remove the radiator cap then let go of the lower hose.

Repeat if necessary.

Thanks Dan will try tommorow when i can see

Cheers

remove the small water hose which runs into the throttle body (just pull it off slightly) and, withthe radiator full AND WITH THE CAP ON, squeeze the lower radiator hose. While holding the hose in the squeezed position...replace the throttle body hose, remove the radiator cap then let go of the lower hose.

Repeat if necessary.