SAU Community

Idle Problems

minger

when i start the car up the idle drops after warm up time to bou 850 -900rpm.

after a while the revs will occasionally raise to a little above 1000rpm without touching the accelerator and if i turn the wheel when stopped the revs drop to bout 550 - 600rpm?

is this a problem because it gets relu anoying??

I have allready cleaned the acc valve so thats not the problem --> any other suggestions????

what else could be the problem??

the power steering pump gets its power from the crank.. turning the steering wheel activates the pump obviously, which will drain some power from each revolution, thus creating a lower idle momentarily

hey man,

look in the tutorial section for "Cleaning you AAC valve"

i can almost guarantee this will fix your problem.

after time the aac valve gets full of crud and carbon build up.

spray it out with carby cleaner and put it back together.

its easy as to do, im pretty useless at diy now i can do it in like 30 mins.

cheers

hey man,

look in the tutorial section for "Cleaning you AAC valve"

i can almost guarantee this will fix your problem.

after time the aac valve gets full of crud and carbon build up.

spray it out with carby cleaner and put it back together.

its easy as to do, im pretty useless at diy now i can do it in like 30 mins.

cheers

That could be something as simple as the idle up for the a/c compressor. Is the a/c on when this happen?

as already said, the turning of the wheel is the cause of the revs dropping due to the power steering pump needing power.

when the revs go up do they stay there for a little while, or does it jump up and down? if it goes up and stays there for a while then drops, it could be the air con, as godzilla32 said.

its not meant to...it explains why the idle drops when you turn the wheel
as already said, the turning of the wheel is the cause of the revs dropping due to the power steering pump needing power.

when the revs go up do they stay there for a little while, or does it jump up and down? if it goes up and stays there for a while then drops, it could be the air con, as godzilla32 said.

as mentioned i am sitting in the car start it up and sit there - dont touch the wheel dont put my foot on the cluch dont turn the a/c on - nothing

it still idles rough - jumps between 1000 and 600 rpm and sometimes misfires

Hmm I have a similar problem (R33 gtst)

Start the car, works fine, cold, idles at 1100 or so. Warm, will idle at 900 rpm no worries. However, if im crawling at an intersection or in heavy traffic, if I move forward, then to stop just put the clutch in and stop, the revs drop not to idle like they should but to very low, like 200-500 rpm, the engine shudders abit, then jumps back upto 900rpm idle and is fine. But it keeps threatning to stall everytime it does this?