SAU Community

Most Rwkw With A Safc/2/neo

otto

I guestimate (no qualifications, just from my own auto 4wd turbo Stagea buildup).... that if you have 210rwkw now, with a Z32afm you could get another 5%ish, and with a SITC and retune of both safc and sitc you could pull another 5%ish, taking it out to 230ishrwkw.

For ~25ishrwkw, is it worth it? Z32afm cost $300, a SITC secondhand is at least that as well, a FPR for the injector duty and add the retune and thats at least a grand spent.

hehehehehe - Id do it !! (LOL - and I did too!!)

I was pleased with the result, knowing that the tune is still not the best - there is another 10awkw lurking in my tune now Ive got a proper CAI system; will eventually add a highflow turbo so we'll see how it all goes then..... to keep away from R&R at 1bar I think Id be pushing it to get to 200awkw, although I might get a pleasant surprise. :dry:

but how have you been testing the afm maxing out?

the safc reads afm as volts or a percentage plus i can also begin to feel the flat spot...do you even own an safc

Edited by otto

just curious as to whether you test the afm with a multimeter, or whether it was just the fact that it was cutting out?

all the research i have done says that you should be able to get to around 240kw

if most people experiance r&r at around say 185rwkw (i know i did) without an safc, and my safc at its max manipulation is set for -10% (i cant take anymore signal away as my car will be running to lean below 12/1 as i have previously explained) then it looks like my on the verge of r&r at 210rwkw seems situation normal dont you think....in your reasearch how did you come up with 240rwkw with a safc for the std afm without the car running lean or hitting r&r???

remember r&r is what the ecu is trying to do because its starting to see a high output voltage from the afm while the leanout is what will actually happen to the engine if you keep manipulating the signal to stop the r&r.

Edited by otto

I guestimate (no qualifications, just from my own auto 4wd turbo Stagea buildup).... that if you have 210rwkw now, with a Z32afm you could get another 5%ish, and with a SITC and retune of both safc and sitc you could pull another 5%ish, taking it out to 230ishrwkw.

For ~25ishrwkw, is it worth it? Z32afm cost $300, a SITC secondhand is at least that as well, a FPR for the injector duty and add the retune and thats at least a grand spent.

hehehehehe - Id do it !! (LOL - and I did too!!)

I was pleased with the result, knowing that the tune is still not the best - there is another 10awkw lurking in my tune now Ive got a proper CAI system; will eventually add a highflow turbo so we'll see how it all goes then..... to keep away from R&R at 1bar I think Id be pushing it to get to 200awkw, although I might get a pleasant surprise. :dry:

Hey tangle if i look at my cars development and money spent i generally end up payin around $50-$100 a kw so $300 for 25kw seems like a bargain :D

Hey tangle if i look at my cars development and money spent i generally end up payin around $50-$100 a kw so $300 for 25kw seems like a bargain :D

nah you've looked at it the wrong way - $300 for the afm + $300 for the SITC plus $150 for a FPR (if you havent got one already) plus retune on dyno = an easy 1grand spent to gain roughly 10% power?

May gain 20-25rwkw.... still roughly $40 to $50 tho per rwkw as you stated. :dry: We're all in the same boat.

Best of luck with it Otto.

r&r isn't the afm maxing out due to it hitting 5.1v. if it was you should start hitting it at high rpm and then the more boost you put in the lower it should get. on my car i can run 12psi and not have it anywhere in the rev range. then if i bump the boost up to 13 psi it kicks in at about 3000rpm. i doubt that 13psi at 3000rpm is flowing more air than 6000rpm at 12psi. if it was then at 3000rpm on 13psi i should have over 200kw, and about 250kw by 7000rpm.

yes the safc reads the afm as a signal (not percentage) and then alters the signal going to the ecu. if the altered signal going to the ecu is more than the preset limit for that rpm it will cut out.

The ECU is looking for excess airflow compared to the engine rpm, so it moves to R&R mapping when that occurs. Could be at 4 volts or 4.3 volts, its rpm dependant.
if the ecu thinks that 3.0v is too much airflow for 3000rpm it will cut out, but if you have 3.0 volts at 5000rpm then that is safe. unless you have a multimeter you can't tell if the afm is maxing out. Edited by mad082

r&r isn't the afm maxing out due to it hitting 5.1v. if it was you should start hitting it at high rpm and then the more boost you put in the lower it should get. on my car i can run 12psi and not have it anywhere in the rev range. then if i bump the boost up to 13 psi it kicks in at about 3000rpm. i doubt that 13psi at 3000rpm is flowing more air than 6000rpm at 12psi. if it was then at 3000rpm on 13psi i should have over 200kw, and about 250kw by 7000rpm.

yes the safc reads the afm as a signal (not percentage) and then alters the signal going to the ecu. if the altered signal going to the ecu is more than the preset limit for that rpm it will cut out. if the ecu thinks that 3.0v is too much airflow for 3000rpm it will cut out, but if you have 3.0 volts at 5000rpm then that is safe. unless you have a multimeter you can't tell if the afm is maxing out.

sorry should have been clearer the safcII is a multi metre it gives you a READOUT is what i ment when i said reads, of what the afm is doin in realtime it can even plot a graph for you of airflow vs rpm it will tell you when the afm maxes out hope this is more clearer...it gives you a reading of alot of things not just afm voltage but tps voltage and rpm aswell all of it in real time NO YOU DONT NEED A MULTIMETRE

you still havent told me your research which suggests you can tune a r33gtst to 240rwkw with std ecu std afm and safc

Edited by otto

You will find most cars don't go past about 140-150rwkw without R&R (a true dyno reading). THe R33 ECU freaks out very easy!!!

If you raise boost to 10-11psi and do exhaust andintercooler, most likely you are getting R&R. You can in fact lose power from mods!!

You will find most cars don't go past about 140-150rwkw without R&R (a true dyno reading). THe R33 ECU freaks out very easy!!!

If you raise boost to 10-11psi and do exhaust andintercooler, most likely you are getting R&R. You can in fact lose power from mods!!

thanks ben

making my 210rwkw limit with the with safc and std afm alot more plausable and mads 240rwkw alot more unrealistic!

anyhow would still like to know how far people have taken things with the safc if anyone would like to post there results

Edited by otto