SAU Community

Your Opinions Please...help Pick A Car!

Ok guys, here's my deliema...

1995 series 1.5 skyline with 60,000kms for 16,000 or

1997 series 2 skyline with 80,000kms for 19,000.

Both completely stock and in top condition. Both are white with standard wheels.

which is the better buy?

Just go by the condition of each car and your own personal preference. The likelihood of the kms being genuine is little to none. Make sure you shop around abit because the variation in prices is amazing, it's worth the extra time to find a good one.

Edited by Scottstyles

Both completely stock and in top condition. Both are white with standard wheels.

which is the better buy?

I would be doubting the kms on the '95 model, anything under 100,000km for that age is unlikely to be genuine.

But I would say, get out there drive them both and make a decision

ps. I'm offended that my car didn't make the shortcut! :dry: lol

which is the better buy?

hi liz, i do like your car but just think the ks are way too hi, sorry. plus i am after stock so i can do all the mods the waay i like with the brands i like. the sunroof would have been nice though :dry:!

liz car has what about 130 on the clock and its a 94 thats under 11000.

buy a car that you know some one has looked after it, not just what the odometer says. that my 2cents anyway

hi liz, i do like your car but just think the ks are way too hi, sorry. plus i am after stock so i can do all the mods the waay i like with the brands i like. the sunroof would have been nice though :dry:!

Higher k's are more likely to be genuine.

My best advice dude, is to get out there and drive plenty of cars. To me it seems like you don't really knwo what you want yet as you went from asking me for pics yesterday to saying you are buying a car from envy!

I would hold off a bit, take some more cars for test drivers (the sellers out there are gonna get mad at me for saying htat!) and work out what you want first!

hope this helps

Liz.

i am buying the car from envy imports...any opinions on those guys?

There used to be a really good bloke working there, but he left.

Look, if you are a serious buyer, go and test drive some.

If you had a car, with 200,000k's on the clock, and wanted to sell it, would you sell it with that dash? or spend a few hundred and get a new dash showing 70,000k's? Think about it.

And remember when buying from a yard/shop/etc, they have to mark the cars up to make a profit.

i am buying the car from envy imports...any opinions on those guys?

as i have never delt with them i cant say. but asking a few members that have is a good idea, i think NXTIME (charlie) has used them before.

Edited by mr 32

neither, get a 32.

Agreed 32 without question. DO IT!!

In reality 20,000kms really means nothing but how the car is taken car of ie regular servicing is what matters. Go by the condition of the motor, interior and body as the kms have probably been wound back.

OK, well i have taken around 15 skylines for drives so far and its stating to give me the shits...so much travelling.

anyhow, none have gotten me excited like my fto did...except for one. it was a 1997 Series 2 for $16000 with 37,000ks on the clock. car looked great and drove well. but i dont have my cash just yet. monda i would say...damn insurace.

right now i have signed off on a 1995 series 1.5 silver skyline with 72,000kms on the clock. its completly stock and the interior is in top nic.

took the cra for a drive this monring and well its in the top 3 cars i have driven. i know i could look at more, but i could keep looking for ever! the thing is there is always a better deal. plus all the cars at envy look as though they have lived most of their lives in showrooms. well looked after all with japanese history.

i do appreciate all your help guys and i hope i get to meet some of you one day too...looking forward to my time with a skyline!

i dont now what your complaining about? If your ready to buy something then just do it, get it checked out and make a decision. If your so undecided your not ready to buy IMHO, evryone here has there own opinion on what car because we all like different things.

What do you like?

When you can answer that then buy it, if unsure dont buy it!

Most of us who import dont get a chance to drive our cars at all and just have photographs and the trust in our importer to come through for us.

I dont know i just dont see the problem, i wish i was in your shoes?

Cheers and hope you get a nice one!!

Stink

i am completely with stink.

I'm looking to import late this year (perhaps it can be my xmas present to myself :( ).

And so far I think that I will most likely get the importers to find a car for me over in japan and ship it over vs picking one from a yard.

They have a 32 GTR V spec coming in late this month and i'm going for a look at that. Might see if I can take it for a little drive (they're in an industrial estate) to see if I actually like the way a 32 drives ( as if I won't) haha.

Importing is a major risk.

But I don't recommend buying privately.

Buying from a yard means higher prices alot of the time.