SAU Community

How To Remove Dash? My Manual Isnt Correct:(

george.bryant

I went to pull the dash off the R30 but I have no idea what do to. The manual shows how to remove the accessories from the dash but its all incorrect when being applied to my car. Like it shows 4 screws on the bottom of the glovebox holding it up but theres not 4 screws at all...?

Ive removed the stereo/heater/clock surround, the speedo surround, the bottom soft panels near the kickpanels, 2 screws on each side of the car holding the dash.

I dont know what else to do or where the screws are located. Anyone care to help if they know?

I went to pull the dash off the R30 but I have no idea what do to. The manual shows how to remove the accessories from the dash but its all incorrect when being applied to my car. Like it shows 4 screws on the bottom of the glovebox holding it up but theres not 4 screws at all...?

Ive removed the stereo/heater/clock surround, the speedo surround, the bottom soft panels near the kickpanels, 2 screws on each side of the car holding the dash.

I dont know what else to do or where the screws are located. Anyone care to help if they know?

George,

It's a while since I pulled a dash out, but from memory, there is 2 screws at each end near the door jam, the bonnet realease lever is also holding it in or it's bracket is. The demister vents have to come out on top near the screen and I think you will find 3 or 4 screws inside them. Heater controls etc etc also have to be disconnected from their relevant units, speedo cable has to be disconnected.

Be ULTRA careful when pulling it out as there is a duct that feeds the top demister vents that tears/splits very easily and they're a bugger to find in good unbroken condition.

Try these and get back to me if you still have trouble and I will look at a spare dash I have under the house.

Cheers, D

George,

It's a while since I pulled a dash out, but from memory, there is 2 screws at each end near the door jam, the bonnet realease lever is also holding it in or it's bracket is. The demister vents have to come out on top near the screen and I think you will find 3 or 4 screws inside them. Heater controls etc etc also have to be disconnected from their relevant units, speedo cable has to be disconnected.

Be ULTRA careful when pulling it out as there is a duct that feeds the top demister vents that tears/splits very easily and they're a bugger to find in good unbroken condition.

Try these and get back to me if you still have trouble and I will look at a spare dash I have under the house.

Cheers, D

Thanks!!!!! I have heater controls, stereo surround etc disconnected. How do I unplug the speedo unit?

Ok Dash Is off.

It was a mission! I ended off taking the glovebox out so I could reach in and undo some plugs behind it. Then I did the air vent connecting cables. I found it an absolute mission to get the speedo cable out but i figured it out.

Had to lower the steering column first as I couldnt get the dash over the steering wheel.

I have the manual pedal box in now :-) There was a thing attached to the auto pedal box with a sticker saying "Chassis Control Box" what do I do with that?

I am NOT looking forward to getting the dash back on, the air vents look a mission to plug up....

Ok Dash Is off.

It was a mission! I ended off taking the glovebox out so I could reach in and undo some plugs behind it. Then I did the air vent connecting cables. I found it an absolute mission to get the speedo cable out but i figured it out.

Had to lower the steering column first as I couldnt get the dash over the steering wheel.

I have the manual pedal box in now :-) There was a thing attached to the auto pedal box with a sticker saying "Chassis Control Box" what do I do with that?

I am NOT looking forward to getting the dash back on, the air vents look a mission to plug up....

I'm not sure George, but I wouldn't have thought the dash would have to come out just to change pedal boxes.

I recently changed steering columns and brake booster assembly and left the dash where it was.

Also changed the instrument cluster to my Jenesis one and didn't experience the difficulties you described.

I'll check that box and get back to you.

Cheers,

Dennis