SAU Community

Big Missfire Even At Idle

DREW32

hi there guys , need a liitle direction the other day my r32 gtst decided to start miss firering wouldnt accelerate so putted it home , check a few things but everything looked fine ,started it up again and it just has a constant missfire bad on acceleration so thought it must be a coil pack gone so i pulled them out and took them to a auto elect to get them tested ,was told they couldnt test them properly unless they were under load ,anyway they did there best and told me that there was nothing wrong with the coil packs so now im lost , i live the bush and cant just drive it to a mechanic , the auto elect bloke ask if my r32 had a computer plug so he could plug in his thingy and check the diagnostics ,is there such a plug in a r32? or should i check something else before paying them to come out of town? please help guys !!!!!!

have you checked your ecu for codes? start there and see if it says anything...

i've had this problem, ecu didn't throw any codes...i checked all the coils, the wires, the ignitor, the sparkplugs, all ok...so i figured it had nothing to do with ignition. in the end i just added a bottle of Redline SI-1 to the fuel and let it idle for 15 mins then shut it off. started it up the next day and it still missed a bit... went around the block and by the time it got up to temp is was completely fine! >_<