SAU Community

Fricken Police!

Guest 40th-edition

Guest 40th-edition

i couldnt beleave the cops last night, i was in a car park with only my car and some old ladys and 3 mates..

had my bonnet up so the cops pull up behind me and ask to have a look and start defecting me..

the car is pritty standard but he did got me for fmic and boost control.

under epa rules for fmic and removal of boost contol.

so im guessing other guys have beendone for fmic and was wondering how they got along getting a test done (got told it can only be done in 2 places in sydney)

and to get down there i will probs need a standard intercooler which i dont have because i just got the car 2 weeks ago! man... im so sick of cops, wasnt doing ne thing at all and they still giving me a hard time!

Edited by 40th-edition

Guest 40th-edition

i wasnt saying it was the cops fault, just saying if i wasnt flogging it around or being stuped or something then sure..

but i drive my car under the limit at all times, it took me ages to save up and buy one so i take such good care of it!

Guest 40th-edition

4 sure.. i think they have been after me because its a small town and they crack down on new cars to the area...

has ne one else been defected for aftermarket fmics?? i need help

what state are you in?

In victoria you're allowed 1 intake mod...so a fmic with the standard airbox is fine. a pod with the standard side mount is fine, but not both together...

dont know how it is in sydney though if thats where you're from.

if the pod is covered by a shield or one of those custom boxes, and if you had a FMIC then it wouldnt be illegal right?

Edited by emsta2003

if the pod is covered by a shield or one of those custom boxes, and if you had a FMIC then it wouldnt be illegal right?

its still 2 intake mods.

pod + smic

fmic + airbox

either/or, but not both.

if the shield you made for the pod looked like a stock box, then you might get away with it, but its still not legal