SAU Community

Warning To All Queensland P Platers

MFC05

because we're cool QLD we arent doing the power to weight ratio thing like in other states. According to the Transport site they are excluding v8's, Turbos and "high peformance" cars. They're putting up a list later this year. I can hardly wait. Id say its a fair bet that nana's corolla/lancer will be all thats left off. I think they'll be pretty thorough with it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what goes on the list, there will always be workarounds (usually made by Honda :laugh: ). And going for blanket restrictions such as "V8" or "turbo" creates the problem of including cars that aren't even performance cars at all.

Edited by Del Sol

i'm wondering whether turbo diesels will be included on the banned list. while they aren't the most powerful things in the world some of them do still have a fair bit of get up and go, while others couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

meh, find someone in nsw...go down there, list as address...get license under their rules. Problem solved for everyone only just getting their license. Of course I dont suggest this...I think it might be dodgy and possibly not legal.

meh, find someone in nsw...go down there, list as address...get license under their rules. Problem solved for everyone only just getting their license. Of course I dont suggest this...I think it might be dodgy and possibly not legal.

you can have your licence from whatever state you want, but you still have to abide by the laws of the state that you are driving in.

• 6 months later...

Update: bad luck to anyone getting their p's after July 1, even if you currently own a high performance car you can't drive it....say hello to even cheaper prices for imports and performance cars...no more teen racers. Bad luck to anyone on your l's getting your p's you have to wait until you're on your opens.

The two men at the motorshow representing QLD transport said the new rules dont effect current P platers, Only NEW P platers.. So yay, Unless they were confused on rules aswell

yep you're right, they portrayed it wrong on the news...the transport website has been updated too.

hahaha my brother is stoked. he gets his license on the first of june and is going to be gettin himself a ca18 silvia in which we are droppin in a rb20 in a few months after that. will go hard for a first car to learn in

ok just clear this up for me.. if ur on P2 nearly P3 and u have a turbo car.. when the new laws come in are u effected..?

wtf are you talking about...if you're currently on your p's you're ok. The P1, P2, P3 bullsh*t only comes in after July 1 and hence power restrictions only apply to people that obtain their P's after that date!

These apply from 1 July 2007

Key changes will include:

-peer passenger restrictions (only carrying one passenger aged under 21) from 11pm to 5am for P1 under 25

-late night driving and other restrictions for disqualified and suspended young drivers

Thankfully, according to information any person who has their p's license before 1 july 2007 will have no restrictions.

You know what i realise?....for those under 25 thier means of safety when going out at night not just clubbing will actually be more jeopardised.....what ever happened to organising a designated driver?

This new law means your having a nanny night and taking everyone home before 11...........Or if in particular your a girl like me, some means of "alternative" transport isnt allways the safest bet either.....look at the new ACA offenders of bus drivers, other drunken males on buses, trains.....and also some sex offending taxi drivers.

Instead of being able to trust those near and dear to us we are forced to trust strangers when were out at night.

Im definatly not going to stay out til 5am till i can give my firends a ride.....that one i just dont get people.

Two people per car late at night is ok.....but isnt brisbane currently going through a traffic and population crisis?.....Arnt they trying to get more cars OFF the road?

someone enlighten me please.

But! But! Young kids! KIDS DAMNIT! Are driving better cars then ME! I'll just put this law in then I can own them all at the lights lol.

(Sarcasm on the internet)

I can only hope when they realise that this new system doesn't change their much beloved statistics they'll remove it, but we all know it won't happen.

Edited by Hell Fire

BTW im so lucky :) my P plater license is booke before the 1st July turnover

hope all goes well.....im determined to get my license so badly just to be able to drive a skyline everynow and then :)

Im a granny driver tho .....not the stupid type, thankfully the stick to the speed type.

Im all sweet!

hehe sucked in prego! :wave:.....dont worry tho, you have planety of choice

I have a question, what happens to those who say currently own a Provisional (P) license and it got revoked or suspended going through 1st of july, or after 1st of July what happens?

Anyone know this one?