SAU Community

2nd Intake Pipe

JUN`R32

nice work with there series2r33

Im thinking that yellow cover on the pod might restrict a bit of cold air flow straight to the pod though, but other than that looks exactly like what I have been planning :)

This was the exact setup i was hoping to use for my car but i'm apprehensive because I think with the velocity of the air going through the pipe it is entirely possible that water can go straight up it as well when raining.

I guess the only way is to find out next time it rains where you are. See if it does get wet anyway?

not with a unifilter....get yourself one of those...and yes it has happened before to others...but only happens when ur going through puddles...not so much the rain in effect similar to the stock pipe anyway.

I've been running mine in my FTO for over 1 year with the exact setup as my r33..never a problem...

since the Unifilter is a foam/oil combo its dust retention is much below that of paper and cotton gauze with low restriction - hence the large surface area. If you have ever cleaned one of these, whihc I have a few times, you clean them with mineral turpentine and it soaks it up but doesn't really go through...hence water will have a hard time going through the foam + oil which should help resist any water that might get through anyway...

nice work with there series2r33

Im thinking that yellow cover on the pod might restrict a bit of cold air flow straight to the pod though, but other than that looks exactly like what I have been planning :D

The yellow cover would have prevented cold air thats why i cut the 3" hole in the cover and positioned the hole directly over the induction pipe. Now the cover acts as a heat shield aswell as getting cold air striaght to the pod.

And ellie theres not much chance of rain water finding its way up there... not enough to do anything anyway.. but i'll check next time we get some heavy rain for ya.

Would it be a good idea to try and attach an induction pipe from the afm and feed it through the hole then attach your pod filter to it. sure it would hang just behind the front bar - allowing rocks n dirt to hit the pod but wouldnt you have a shower of cold air hitting the pod? would rain pose any problems?

Well i've tried an idea and im in the process of making it better.

Problem was that the simota pod filter i have has a case around the outside. I bought it like that to help prevent stones etc bouncing up and damaging the pod filter. It worked fine .... until it rained heavly.

Problem was the rain bouncing up from the road and spraying up from other cars was collecting in the pods surrounding case. I realised as soon as i got home when i checked the pod and it was still wet. I had it positioned on an angle to prevent this but still dont feel comfortable driving in the wet like this.

Doing it the i have now...

Even if the trumpet end goes under water it shouldnt matter as there is no direct suction, the air will just flow up the trumpet and be directed right at the pod filter.

Matt

Thats the way i had it before "see page 1"

Edited by series2r33

Would it be a good idea to try and attach an induction pipe from the afm and feed it through the hole then attach your pod filter to it. sure it would hang just behind the front bar - allowing rocks n dirt to hit the pod but wouldnt you have a shower of cold air hitting the pod? would rain pose any problems?

yup. been done before.

In fact on my FTO I made it such that i can move the pod to the front grill and I have a connector piece from the front pipe to the normal intake pipe. Ia lso have some mesh to help protect it.

Works really well, because you are pushing the air straight it...it works really well. But not the best idea out the front...only for those track or crusie days. be prepared to get a new pod though!

yup. been done before.

In fact on my FTO I made it such that i can move the pod to the front grill and I have a connector piece from the front pipe to the normal intake pipe. Ia lso have some mesh to help protect it.

Works really well, because you are pushing the air straight it...it works really well. But not the best idea out the front...only for those track or crusie days. be prepared to get a new pod though!

new pod :P strapped for cash as it is but I guess Ill be on the look out for another induction pipe for trak days which setup should I go for?

PIPE >> AFM >> PIPE >> POD

PIPE >> PIPE >> AFM >> POD

DOSENT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IDIOT!

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread,

Just wondering what type of ducting/piping everyone is using to feed the air from the frontbar to the pod/engine bay through the standard ic piping hole?

I was after something that was:

-Black (stealth)

-Plastic (non flamable/good for directing air)

Price and place purchased would be nice too

thanks in advance