SAU Community

R33 Sunroof Question

Hi guys.

I have a 95 type M R33 and i have a sunroof.

A question, when it rains what happens to the water if it gets into the sun roof channel. It seams like the back of my sunroof does not quite sit flush with the roof of the car, and if you press down on the sunroof a gap forms in the seal and the roof.

Is there any way of adjusting the roof to sit higher or something.

Has anyone got a pdf or something showing how this can be done. Some pics would be nice.

You can place extra spacers where the sunroof bolts up to the rails.

All you need to do is take the two plastic covers off, which are accessable from the underside of the sunroof and you'll see where the spacers are... just place more until it forms a better seal... I did the same.

If however, your sunroof seal looks worn and is cracking, i'd advise you to replace it as if you get water between that and the sunroof glass bit, the frame around the glass will rust (i had to replace mine).

As for where does the water go, there are drainage holes at each far corner of the sunroof frame, they allow the water to run out through hoses.

hope this helps

cheers

Liz.

HI can you bit a bit more specific in regards to the plastic cover part, not sure what you mean. I only have had the car for 3 days.

The seal looks great, no probs there, i just figured there would be an easy fix on the rail itself.

Do you have any scaned photos of the manual or anythign like that. I have a pdf on cd but i left it behind.

How do you actually remove the sunroof glasso out of the tracks, i need to clean the rails properly, the old greas sux.

Thanks

Yeah no worries.

Ok.. if you jump in the drivers seat and look from that angle you'll see a plastic screw on each side of the sunroof, undo them both and you'll find that the plastic cover will be able to be popped off.

Once you see how to do that, there is just three bolts on each side that you'll need to undo, after that, the glass bit of the sunroof just lifts out.

Sorry, I don't have any photos and i don't have the car anymore tog et any. But you should be able to see how to do it, just look for the plastic screws and you'll see the rest easily.

cheers

Dam it, ok so i get in the seat, and look towards the front or the side or back.

are the two plastic screws easily visable, i can't find anythign there.

Are you meaning the cover that has the swithes on it?

dam it sorry mate, like i said i have only had the car for 3 days.

Dam it, ok so i get in the seat, and look towards the front or the side or back.

are the two plastic screws easily visable, i can't find anythign there.

Are you meaning the cover that has the swithes on it?

dam it sorry mate, like i said i have only had the car for 3 days.

look directly up at the glass... and then look to the left and right of the glass and towarsd teh back of it, you'll soon see the covers and the plastic screw, one on each side.

if you still can't find it and you are near your car, pm me your number and head out there and I'll call and talk you through it.

don't worry, took me ages to work it out myself lol.

hay, ok so i had a look, and the only screws i see, are located on the sunroof plastic, on the actual glass part.

Does your sunroof go in and out and up and down, cos i am sure there must be a adjustment somwhere to do it, what i do for now, is once closed, simply bump the up swithc a bit and it's fine.

those are the screws that you need to undo to get to where you can place the spacers.... the glass will just lift out once you undo those screws, and the bolts that are hidden by them... you'll see the spacers I'm talking about once in there.. just need to find another spacer (or make do)

There is no adjustment to do other than what i have mentioned.