SAU Community

Boost Guage Wrong Reading

overd0se

ive got an autometer boost guage.

and was hitting around 9-10psi for a few weeks after it went in for a service/dyno and now for some weird reason its only going to 5-6. i dont have any external controllers to test that my guage is out of wak.

car has fmc, pod , cat back exhaust got dynod and made 140rwkw but came up with "needs clutch".

maybe the clutch is on its last legs and isnt holding boost though the car doesnt feel slower.

(paranoid)

-paul

if the clutch is slipping then that could be part of the reason why it isn't boosting up. if you sit in the car and rev it in neutral it doesn't boost up because there is no load. if the clutch is slipping then it isn't loading up as much as it should, but it would have to be slipping quite alot.

you don't "start to lose exhaust wheel" unfortunately. its either on there or it isn't!

most likely options are:

- kink in hose going to gauge

- faulty boost gauge

- clutch slipping so that you can't generate enough load to gnerate boost

option 3 would require your clutch to be pretty much farked and you would feel this while driving

i'm leaning to option 2

what does the stock boost gauge say?

how does it feel compared to before the dyno tune?

cheers,

Warren

to be honest the car runs well feel better since the tune.

ive had the guage for over 8months never had a problem.

got the car serviced about a month ago n last 2weeks it was giving me a 5-6 reading

compared to the usual 9-10.

you don't "start to lose exhaust wheel" unfortunately. its either on there or it isn't!

most likely options are:

- kink in hose going to gauge

- faulty boost gauge

- clutch slipping so that you can't generate enough load to gnerate boost

option 3 would require your clutch to be pretty much farked and you would feel this while driving

i'm leaning to option 2

what does the stock boost gauge say?

how does it feel compared to before the dyno tune?

cheers,

Warren

take the gauge out and take it to a bike shop and get them to hook up a pump to it and pump some air into it and see what it does.

and you can "start to lose your exhaust wheel". you can get chips in the blades.

"losing your exhaust wheel" = the blades separate from the shaft as they are ceramic glued onto a steel shaft...

how do the blades get chipped? something would have to go through the engine for the blades to get chipped... unlikely to happen on the exhaust side

ither the wheel is attached to the shaft, or its not. ask those who have blown a turbo.. one second they wre booting it, the next second they have no boost.. there's no warning signs or symptoms...