SAU Community

Arc Super Induction Box

I am thinking about buying a Arc super induction kit for my r33 gtst and i am wondering if anyone has one?

If so can they give me any performance feedback on this item are they worth it?

Will the one made for a r33 fit a Z32 afm attachment?

Any help guys and girls would be very much appreciated.

Had a customer who had one fitted in a WRX, said it was excellent. AFM should bolt up the same.

I am thinking about buying a Arc super induction kit for my r33 gtst and i am wondering if anyone has one?

If so can they give me any performance feedback on this item are they worth it?

Will the one made for a r33 fit a Z32 afm attachment?

Any help guys and girls would be very much appreciated.

well from a performance standpoint they are similar to any aftermarket airfilter, in that by seat of the pants I can't tell the difference (no extra power)... induction note is very nice as you would expect sucking air through a metal box and it looks very trick in the engine bay... I think its better than the HKS pod that I originally had in there as it isn't as prone to heat soak, however I still can't work out how to get a cold air feed to it as it sits exactly like the stock airbox, just imagine the stock box with the lid off, that's it... can't use the stock snorkle either as the ARC box sits too high which is because of the FMIC piping... so yeah looks good, sounds good, and works fine... if your really curious I may go outside and take a photo

well from a performance standpoint they are similar to any aftermarket airfilter, in that by seat of the pants I can't tell the difference (no extra power)... induction note is very nice as you would expect sucking air through a metal box and it looks very trick in the engine bay... I think its better than the HKS pod that I originally had in there as it isn't as prone to heat soak, however I still can't work out how to get a cold air feed to it as it sits exactly like the stock airbox, just imagine the stock box with the lid off, that's it... can't use the stock snorkle either as the ARC box sits too high which is because of the FMIC piping... so yeah looks good, sounds good, and works fine... if your really curious I may go outside and take a photo

Thank you very much for that feedback mate. i think i will just get a heat shield made up and get some cold air piping. Not as pretty but will do a good job i hope. I dont suppose you know where to get a heat shield for a good price.

Yeah, I run the Super Induction box. Comments as per NickR33. Would say it flows better than stock most definitely. They are a very well made unit. The GTR one has intake via the top panel and a side panel. Probably more robust than a stock unit.

Yeah, I run the Super Induction box. Comments as per NickR33. Would say it flows better than stock most definitely. They are a very well made unit. The GTR one has intake via the top panel and a side panel. Probably more robust than a stock unit.

Yeah i have an ARC box on my GTR, goes well, sounds nice, and doesnt suffer from heat soak

WAY better than the pods i had on it before

Thanks for the response guys. Just one more question about them do they block the original whole underneath where the old air box got air flow? Or can i run some piping from the front bar to that whole and have the ARC induction box?

The stock airbox only gets flow through the snorkel... the hole that is left when you get rid of the stock SMIC and go to an aftermarket FMIC setup can be used to duct air in, however it is pretty much a waste as the filter element of the ARC box is laid facing upwards towards the bonnet... so the air you have ducted in will just be hitting the bottom of the airbox

That does look awsome have you also got a heat shield next to the induction box?

What did you make it out of if it is?

I think i will purchase one of these they look awsome and from your response guys do a good job

Thanks for all the feedback

I made my self a fiberglass box thats moulds into the wheel arc , I made half of it the engine bay . Then used a nice arcyrlic lid with stainless steal bolts. Inside sits my hks pod filter . Then i made a fiberglass pickup for inside the front bar and ducted it up into the fibergalss box.

Works great!

Edited by Silent

I made my self a fiberglass box thats moulds into the wheel arc , I made half of it the engine bay . Then used a nice arcyrlic lid with stainless steal bolts. Inside sits my hks pod filter . Then i made a fiberglass pickup for inside the front bar and ducted it up into the fibergalss box.

Works great!

pics :( ?

The lid and ducting setup was over the other shed will show later, This was only a demo but the demo turned out sweet so i been using it for months. I will make a nice pretty one later.

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

box4.jpg

Once the box is sealed it is protected from hot air, then the duct in the fron bar pics up all the nice cold air :D . Police reckons they are great because it secures the pod filter and the plub back is much quiter! Theres a noticeable gain with airbox and pod.

Would any of you guys buy something like this?

Edited by Silent