SAU Community

Vehicle Inspection In Act

nsanity

I think i broke Shaun at Discount tyres.

I have a blow off valve (uhhh its vented internally - and stock according to the previous owner).

Boost Controller is no no because i can increase power by more than 15%.

Intercooler ??? (looks larger than stock, and it will probably increase power by more than 15%).

I told him to just make a list of what he thinks it will fail on.

I'll fix what i can, then run it past Dickson, then fix what needs to be done.

*sigh*

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intercooler increases power by more than 15%?

An intercooler is more about making consistent power rather than dramatically increasing power. You'd pick up a handful of kw with one but nothing massive.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have to take my car over the pits at dickson soon, my question is, with the rb25 conversion, is there any point taking it to dickson before getting an engineers certificate? Ie are they pretty strict on that sort of thing?

thx

chris

I'll have to take my car over the pits at dickson soon, my question is, with the rb25 conversion, is there any point taking it to dickson before getting an engineers certificate? Ie are they pretty strict on that sort of thing?

thx

chris

They will pick it up! My opinion would be to get an eng cert. before you go over the pits. It will just save you the hassle of going back and forth.

They will pick it up! My opinion would be to get an eng cert. before you go over the pits. It will just save you the hassle of going back and forth.

Yahuh - they check the engine number vs the VIN/VID/Compliance plate. If it doesn't match, they will ask questions/go further.

Give John Wilson a call at AKZ Engineering. Only took 3 days from inspection to certificate (i could have had it the next day, but i got it mailed.). Get him to go over the whole car whilst he's at it, and write you up for everything else.

Goy my car inspected at dickson recently and I didn't have any problems.

They are actually really nice blokes. Treat them with respect and be polite and you won't really have a problem.

My car is stock apart from FMIC GTR bar, catback and 17's. I have stock BOV and stock airbox. the car was very clean and I was freindly and dressed in business shirt and pants.

My car is stock apart from FMIC GTR bar, catback and 17's. I have stock BOV and stock airbox. the car was very clean and I was freindly and dressed in business shirt and pants.

So long as you were going to pass the Noise test - you were fine anyway.

Friendly attitude and well dressed goes along way as well.

As far as i'm going, more dramas.

Whilst the Tint, Oil Leak ($260 oil pressure sender - wtf nissan) and Rims are now fine, the certificate mentions a Remote Boost Controller (which it has). Dickson are now jumping up and down about the certificate being incomplete. I gave John Wilson a call, and he's looking into it for me.

Not to mention i need rear tyres, badly. Massive wear on the inside of the rear tyres - and i haven't been doing burnouts (roughly ~3500km km since they last looked at them though..) or the like. Probably needs the rear end aligned.

Yahuh - they check the engine number vs the VIN/VID/Compliance plate. If it doesn't match, they will ask questions/go further.

Give John Wilson a call at AKZ Engineering. Only took 3 days from inspection to certificate (i could have had it the next day, but i got it mailed.). Get him to go over the whole car whilst he's at it, and write you up for everything else.

Personal experience warrants me recommending Ray Spence over John Wilson. Ray is a champ. :laugh: