SAU Community

Spark Plug Queary

Daboss

I just finished changing the spark plugs on my 1995 r33 gts-t. thought it would be a good idea to do this so I can know the history of my ride and therefore kno when i need to service and so on. neway the old sparks were denso irridiums IK16 gapping position I have no idea. I changed them with ngk platinum bkr5egp. What i want to kno is do certain spark plugs rob the engine of power. I ask this beacuse i feel like since I cahnged my plugs the car isnt as powerful, I use to be able to just use the clutch to get the car rolling in first gear now when i try this manuever the car rpm revs up and down feels like its about to cut off also the same thing for reverse. when in first and flooring it outta a first i would do powerslides wth ease now it just takes off I now have to rev it to spin the wheels. In second gear wth the irridiums in the burnout was noticablly longer than now with the platinums do spark plugs really have this drastic effect or is it all in my head?

the plugs you put in are a hotter plug (and they are platinums which are a pretty crap plug IMO), so you are probably getting more pinging. i'd suggest pulling them straight out and putting some NGK BCPR6ES in.

Edited by mad082

I just finished changing the spark plugs on my 1995 r33 gts-t. thought it would be a good idea to do this so I can know the history of my ride and therefore kno when i need to service and so on. neway the old sparks were denso irridiums IK16 gapping position I have no idea. I changed them with ngk platinum bkr5egp. What i want to kno is do certain spark plugs rob the engine of power. I ask this beacuse i feel like since I cahnged my plugs the car isnt as powerful, I use to be able to just use the clutch to get the car rolling in first gear now when i try this manuever the car rpm revs up and down feels like its about to cut off also the same thing for reverse. when in first and flooring it outta a first i would do powerslides wth ease now it just takes off I now have to rev it to spin the wheels. In second gear wth the irridiums in the burnout was noticablly longer than now with the platinums do spark plugs really have this drastic effect or is it all in my head?

Now i know what wrong, you are using the wrong gap. Try gapping your NGK to what your iridium is running and you will be fine.