SAU Community

My Daily R32 Shuts Down After Driving For 20 Minutes

Hi guys, I have an r32 gtst. After about 20 minutes of driving, the car will start to play up, the revs will rise at idle, then jerk if I give it gas, then the car will shut down. It will then start up fine again and play up 2 minutes later. I took it to the mechanic who has put in a new air flow meter and fuel filter, and his computer still says there is a problem (after driving for a while) between the ecu and afm. He is currently checking the these wires, as he also disconnected a AFC I had on the car which I suspected was dodgy.

I recently changed the coolant myself and managed to only put in 4.5 litres. During this process, I also poured alot of water around the engine and through the coolant inlet in the firewall.

*So im thinking maybe I F#@ed the coolant temperature sensor.

*Or its probably the crank angle sensor is gone, because after the coolant change, the area around it made a light scratchy sound eased only when I sprayed WD40 around it. The noise kept comming back though.

*Or it could be a bad fuel pump or wires in the around the ecu is gone.

Please help out as this is my daily, my parents dont drive, and I may have to leave my job if this problem is unsolved by the middle of next week.

Should I take it to Nissan?