SAU Community

Carmate.com Body-kits Need Info

Hi all

I've got a R32 gts-4 it has a jet speed FINAL KONNEXION Body-Kit but I don't like the look of the side skirts . I've looked around and found a set that I like on carmate.com. Has any got them or other kits from them what do you think and how do they fit?

546.jpg

ive delt with jetspeed and carmate

jetspeed sent me the wrong parts, took me 4months to get my money back, they didnt even send the correct sum of cash back to me, they sent LESS, and i couldnt be bothered arguing after 4months.

carmates body kits came to me, damaged, didnt fit, like it was off a completely different car,i took to them, they tried to fix it and f**ked it up, which i had to wait a week for them to refibreglass it, i could of fixed it my self, but when i pay for something to fit on a car, i expect it to.

i wont be buying anything off them again lol

i havnt delt with carmate...but alot of ppl say they are good...and some....(like above) say they are absolutely rubbish.

if i was u i would call them up and make em garentee perfection in their products.

better yet fax them a contract stating they will pay for all damaged goods which u aint at fault for. get them to sign it...and fax a copy back to u.

wat can u lose huh:)

I bought a 32gtr copy for my gtst from Carmate. Guys were really friendly. Had to do some minor adjustments here and there but all in all i was happy with the way it turned out. Only 300bucks, you get what you pay for and for what i wanted at the time it was perfect.

hmm well jsut incase you looking for other alternatives. I can get anything from Monkey Warehouse for brilliant prices :ninja: Lemme know - PM if interested

its a pick of the draw

ive heard and see some bad fitting kits from them

myself.. my kit is from carmate.. bolted straight on with no modification

CC1.jpg

CC6.jpg

no weird gaps etc

cant say much bout their customer service tho :ninja:

I got a 400R front bar from them. It fit nicely although had to be cut out so that the intercooler piping would fit. This isnt poor quality of the bar - its just the design of my piping. I'm happy with the quality, its relatively strong, and hasnt cracked up in some particularly harsh conditions.

I got a 400R front bar from them. It fit nicely although had to be cut out so that the intercooler piping would fit. This isnt poor quality of the bar - its just the design of my piping. I'm happy with the quality, its relatively strong, and hasnt cracked up in some particularly harsh conditions.

haha i'll second that, seen his kit. it's mad.. strong mofo withstand a truck :)

Bodykits are a touch and go thing, they are fiberglass and come out of moulds. The moulds do suffer from wear and tear.

I have brought many products from carmate for both myself and clients and I have never had a problem.

Bodykits are not a direct bolt on product theres always some kind of modifying.

It took 8 kilos of resin to fit my all the gear to my car, but it was my car.

My advice to you guys, unless you know what you are doing have your kit fitted professionaly and let them buy the kit! They should know who are distrubuting good kits.

If anyone has problems with kits please pm I will help solve your problems.

yup. and if you can't, thats wrong. a kit should be made to fit the car it is intended for perfectly. no if's but's or maybes.

maybe they should call the copy kits 'almost bodykits'. Seems not many people ever get perfect copy kits or maybe its just those who don't get a good kit end up venting their frustration on here / ns etc.

Edited by kursed

I purchased a front lip from CarMate... didn't really care about the quality or the fitment as we would've "made it fit"...

I needed it purely to protect my OEM front bar from anymore driveway damage - the OK product I received was a bonus.

yup. and if you can't, thats wrong. a kit should be made to fit the car it is intended for perfectly. no if's but's or maybes.

maybe they should call the copy kits 'almost bodykits'. Seems not many people ever get perfect copy kits or maybe its just those who don't get a good kit end up venting their frustration on here / ns etc.

Gotta say, I agree.