SAU Community

Tein Suspension

R33NT

Hi All

I have talked to the local Tein dealer here in brisbane (in moorooka) and he says they have had their Tein suspension re-engineered for brisbane/australian roads specifically.

Can anybody here running this suspension let me know how it handles.

ie does it bottom out easily, when you load up the outside wheel coming around a corner and there is an undulation in the road does it understeer easily, etc.

I have them. I liek them. They are not harsh to ride in, they handle very well. My car is used for local motorsport events and is very competitive. The adjustments are quite good and give a good range. I dont run mine in the lowest possible height, i run it about 350mm. Dont have it bottom out unless hitting a really big bump. Plenty of travel in both directions.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards

R Dirty 3

I have TEIN HA's, jap spec ones (no Oz modifications) an I love em, they handle great an the ride isnt too overly stiff. They've never bottomed out on me, but I dont have them on lowest setting either, mine are around the same as R DIRTY 3's.

what suspension you should choose depends on what your intended use is, also your budget.

Very good point abcent. If you looking for mainly road and minor track like me, then Aust spec will suit ok. If more track or more "spirited driving" then maybe something else is a better choice. Budget may also play a large part of your decision to.

Thanks for the comments guys

I am primarily after comfortable city use with spirited weekend track use.

I was told that getting a set of Teins for all four corners would set me back $2300 which i am fine with as long there are people around Oz that have these ones with the "special mods" that live up to what they are claimed to do.

i'd think that by "special mods" they'd mean softer spring rates? You can get softer rate springs for em through RSR i think? so chances are they buy the Tein's minus springs, buy RSR springs, an presto...."aussie modded" Teins. I thought about doing this after initally installing by jap Teins, but using the car for a few more motorsport events recently, and glad I didnt. Also Teins dont come with any upper mounts (not for that price anyway), so they'd be re-using yours, in which case you may wanna put new bushes in there....more $$$

Being that TEIN's have 16 step dampen adjustment, I cant see them modifying the actual shock it self, there'd be no point.

Spring rates are the same as the jap models, the changes are in the dampers.

For the price you are quoting i'm assuming superstreets?

Also consider that the springs used in the super streets are a 70mm diameter vs the more commonly available off the shelf 65mm springs used in most jap coilovers, but even tein springs are reasonably priced and there is a fair range available.