SAU Community

My Rims Need Attention!

TIMMMAYYY

When i got my car the right rear disc brake wouldn't go back to its original seating position so the pad and rotor would rub against each other. Being my first car and knowing absolutely nothing about em, I didn't really bother about the little bit of noise coming from the rear end on braking. They developed aREALLY REALLY thick layer of orange rust/brake dust and now im pretty **** off that I didn't look at the problem earlier when it happened. I've done what i can to remove the dust from the rim but it's still in the spokes.

Is there something i can do or some place i can take my rims to to hav this shit removed?

All help is appreciated!

Thanks

Tim

err...there is this stuff you can buy....errr....it's called umm....ELBOW GREASE! hehehehehehheehhehehehehhe

good luck tim! break dust is a bitch! specially when i had Bendix Semi-metalic pads...geez did they create a dust storm.

TIMMMAYYY - thats why I suggested brake cleaner, not totally sure if it will clean the nooks and crannies, but everything I have attacked with it, all the dirt just disappears. If you dont have any and dont want to risk the less than $10 a can will set you back, drop me a pm and you can do a test with a tin I have lying around unemployed.