SAU Community

RPM Performance Centre private AIR drag day - Sat' 31st May

whatsisname

Ivan from RPM Performance Centre is planning to hire Adelaide International Raceway for a private test & tune drag day, most likely in mid May.

I spoke with Ivan yesterday (03Apr03) & he is 100% keen. This event WILL go ahead :( He intends on having prizes/trophies up for grabs! The exact format is yet to be decided but we will ensure that EVERYONE has a chance to win i.e it won't be fastest car wins everything.

The number of cars is yet to be decided but it will need to be enough to cover hiring costs, yet not too many that we all don't have plenty of runs each. 40-50 perhaps?

We (SkylinesAustralia SA guys/girls) are the first to be invited (via this thread) but I'm suggesting we included the LS1 guys & possible a limited number of other friendly outsiders :)

So people let me know if you're keen & we can get started on organising & figuring out exact details.

As a rough guide I expect entry to be ~$80 (normal AIR street meet $50) The date will be sometime in May, most likely mid.

It will be either a 1/2 or full day session!

Feedback (from all of you) on this event is welcomed :)

No crowds. Friendly faces. Plently of runs to practice techniques. Prizes & trophies. Good time to have a get together & BBQ too!

I'll start the ball rolling - I'M IN!

Edit: forgot to add - Ivan is intending to have the track prepped too (VHT).

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good Matt, I know that the LS1 crew will be up for it I'm sure, that is if everyone wants us there. :uh-huh:

Let us know what happens and when you get some more details we will put up a new thread on the LS1 forum about it.

:burnout:

I mentioned you guys (SA LS1.com members) to Ivan & he was happy to include you all. We (SASA) wouldn't have the numbers on our own anyway.

I hadn't posted anything on LS1.com yet as I wanted feedback from here first. Seeing as things are going a tad slow in here you may as well post it up Matt :)

I remember last yr when we tried to get this sort of thing happening we had quite a few interested. This time round I can confirm 100% this is going to go ahead! Unless something out of our control stops it? Track offline for upgrades etc...

Cheers dude.

No dates confirmed yet Erica. I'll chat with Ivan on Sat' or early next wk & see if we can organised a date.

We need to confirm the track is still going to be able to be used in mid May?

Originally posted by whatsisname

I mentioned you guys (SA LS1.com members) to Ivan & he was happy to include you all. We (SASA) wouldn't have the numbers on our own anyway.  

I hadn't posted anything on LS1.com yet as I wanted feedback from here first. Seeing as things are going a tad slow in here you may as well post it up Matt :)  

I remember last yr when we tried to get this sort of thing happening we had quite a few interested. This time round I can confirm 100% this is going to go ahead! Unless something out of our control stops it? Track offline for upgrades etc...

Cheers dude.

No worries dude, will do :uh-huh:

Passengers - dunno'? I guess that's up to the AIR staff/safety people - maybe even ANDRA?

The rain possibly was already raised with Ivan, yep it's a concern! We may have to make it a sliding schedule in case of bad weather.

hippy,

I would expect you could be "pit crew" for someone :P

Whoring my own thread here - Just watched "Getaway in Stockholm 1 & 2" for the first time - AWESOME! :P

Drags sounds cool! Might even get Jaffa to 'ave a go :P

Stockholm #3 was a bit so so. #2 was the best - two cars - sick :P

I have a pretty cool mpeg (in japanese) of 7 of Japan's fastest cars having a 5 lap race. Very interesting to see what won ;) If anyone wants a copy, gimmie a blank CDR and i'll fix ya up :)

sorry to spoil but rx7 won that one ... only because the gtr got bogged down at the beggining by all the evos and the other slower car ... it still registered the fastest lap time and even had a problem with it .. cool video though ... :D

There is no way passengers are allowed.Reason-Insurance.

The street is for passengers - & you dont have to stop accelerating after 400m either!

I'll probably come if date works for me.

Good to see so many skylines at the drags tonight - even if I didn't get a chance to say hi to everyone.

It appears that there will be monthly Sunday street meets too.

these meetings are not usually so busy - I remember mates doing

18 runs at 1 meeting!!!Bring a full tank & get faster as the day goes on!!!Once I did 3 runs back to back with Uturns from the return lane.Better than lining up all night for 2 goes.

Guest Miss_Nismo
Originally posted by CheekyR32

Sweet. I just wanna race mel.  

Im sure she wants to race me! Whats a bit of rivalry between best buddies!

haha you're on :uh-huh:

if a few of you guys go then i'll be in it. i might have to trailer it there