SAU Community

Pfc Re-setting

hi,

I have this problem a while ago approx 2 months from last tuning, high knock reading up to 91 if I remember correctly initially only when I'm accelerating in 5th gear...then the knock shift down to 4th gear, 3rd gear and eventually the car does not start at all.

I towed the car to the garage and apparently the problem is the power fc got "magically" re-tuned such that the mappings are rich....so the spark plugs got sooted that it could not start...

that was abt 2 months ago

now the same problem again...still drivable, I was doing reasonably high speed 5th gear when the engine light went on and the knock reading went as high as 150.....just abt 3 days ago.....then now during normal acceleration at 3rd gear, the knock figure is about 50.....the same thing happening all over again as in previous case...

The only reasonable explanation I can think is because before these two events, the battery of the car went flat because of the sound system.......the question is: does power fc gets re-set when the battry is flat... or is the unit I have defect..

thanks...sry for long story