SAU Community

How Long Have You Had Your Stagea

66yostagea

We got ours about 7 months ago. We needed a reliable 2nd car, something that is practical, looks cool, has plenty of grunt when you want it, and is different.

We've got 2 young un's and I did a fair bit of research (thanks to you guys) and realised that the Stagea was just perfect!!.

We picked up a Series 2 with all the good gear, very genuine condition, with plenty of Dayz extras. Doing the exhaust was a great move, and its great on a trip.

There are a few in Canberra now, and its really cool seeing them getting around. :(

P.s. I know my avatar looks squished, but its very Van Goh!!

Still happy - just wish I had some money to do more mods...

I think we're all like that ! :wub:

lol, meh Im done and over with the mods unfortunately (will install all my goodies myself to save $, and get a simple retune); got to save for a spa now for my bad knees..... :woot:

cant believe its been over a year now of ownership !!! >_< minimum of 9 more to go

bought mine on 6th october 2004 to be exact (one of the first few owners on here with sydneykid and a few other guys) and have done about 2000km in it since that day :/ oh the joys of stuffing around with drivelines and engine combos :D 2 weeks into owning it i ripped the driveline and engine out to start on the conversion and god i cant beleive the amount of stuff ive learnt over the years. i bought it for daily duties and for less cop attention and the fact i had a dog and sedans were impractical with dogs. unfortunetely the ex-misses left and took the dog as well in dec 04 which made me think i could of just bought a gtr instead and saved all the dramas.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...c=52866&hl= thats my first post the day i bought it when i didnt know a damn thing about stageas except they were made by nissan :dry:

if i knew i was gonna have this many dramas i woulda left the bugger stock :O back in late 04 u mention u have a stagea and people just didnt have a damn clue, today i mention it and 90% of people know about them now which is a shame, the rareness is slowly going away

Edited by CruiseLiner

Imported a Series II R33 Skyline in mid 2002 but found it too impractical with a young son. Can't carry a thing in those things.

When Stageas became available, decided to trade in the Skyline for a Stagea so got the engine but with space - also got a Series II again (I sense a trend here)

I was only thinking a couple of nights ago that I've had my stagea since feb last year, and apart from a service and fuel, I havnt had to spend a cent on her.I've been slowly making my way through many of the imports (2xR33,1xSoarer TT,2XIsuzu Gemini) as they are unbeatable value for money.The stagea is my atempt at being sensible and still having a car with some get up and go..she does the job well.

I always loved skylines and have wanted one for ages however due to family and needing a big boot for my daughters wheel chair I started looking at the Stagea 2 years ago. At the time we ended up buying a Territory the last year thinking that having one big car was enough we bought a runabout Fiesta which was just too small so I finally convinced the missus that the only option was the Stagea.

I bought my baby on the 5th of July and she arrives in fremantle for me to drive home on the 25th of this month