SAU Community

Rb2x Into R30/dr30

datto_boy

i want what DRThirty is on.....

must be some good drugs ahahhaaa

if anyone is going to do a serious transplant it should be a god damn RB26dett!!! then piss off the twin set up....

OR

if you wants to piss some people off... why not a 13b turbo or even a 20g(b) turbo.. just for something a little out of the ordinary.... ther's plenty of creative room under the bonnet:P

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate the RBXX motors are not the be all and end all of choice for nissan conversions, if I WAS to do a conversion on my DR the RB would be down my list , including the venerable RB26. I'd look at a 1/2jz or a 1uzfe with a pair of snails on board for good measure as all these motors are typically Toyota over engineered and are excellent power producers with even minor bolt on mods. But as I said no plans to swap my FJ out of my DR for as far as I'm concerned the FJ is the best production engine Nissan has ever produced;). Ok bring it on :P

P.S. no drugs for me, get tested at work lol.

• 6 months later...

mmmmm, typing fights. They always end. that’s it

As for car stuff. I have been away for a while and the car sat all by herself with nobody to love her. Good news is she didn't leak and after getting a new battery she started first time.

As for the issue of the rattle well after I had a wheel alignment and brake overhaul the noise disappeared. Go figure.

I have also since chased down many of my electrical problems to a dud computer. I got the diagnostic sheet off the internet and ran over the outputs on the ECU and found that many of them don’t add up, including the signal out for one of the injectors, could explain why she was running a little rough. So I began the ring around and found that I can get the computer out of an R33 Rb25 for $50, but a computer out of an R34 (Rb25 NEO) will cost me $750 nice huh.

Here is where you guys come in. Has anybody used SLIDEWIZE imports before?

If so what did you think of them?

I had a look at the Yahoo auctions page and found computers for like 1,500 yen (which is like $15 ozzy) so they seem like the best option at this point.

Thanks guys

Edited by elrohir

I haven't used slidewize before so can't comment, I have emailed them a couple of times and didn't find them very helpful though.

I have used import monster ( www.importmonster.com.au ) to get a front bar from Japan for the R30 and I rate them very highly.

Plus for the record the RB series is very easy to put in the R30 chassis, everything bolts into where it should so there isn't much engineering to do, if you wanna go putting toyota or mitsu engines in them go for it, but at the end of the day an RB will give you less headaches and you will get the job done quicker.

I have got bits from importmonster as well... but don't get excited about the idea of paying $15 for the ECU - by the time you pay postage twice, a 25% commission of the total including postage (at a $25 minimum) and 10% GST on top of all of that it'll hit $100 easily.

Still, $100 may still be a good price compared to what you can find locally - just be prepared for the shock when they calculate the total amount!