SAU Community

R33 Gtst Carbon Fibre Door Sills - Now Ready!

satanic

Final price is $270 + $25 in freight (two-stage). Payment is required only when I have fully confirmed the existence of the sills (should be within a week)

PSI Parts; I notice that you're a business and have interests in the Skyline body styling department. If you are interested in the product; I will have to talk to the guys these items are coming from to get their OK. Not suggesting you will copy / sell as your own but it's just out of courtesy to them (I maintain that I am the only contact between them and people outside of their immediate clientele).

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I now have a full set of 10 people who have confirmed 100%; until further notice (which probably will not happen) no further orders will be accepted.

Unless somebody drops out. Now, all there is left to do is wait for the green light!

• 3 weeks later...

OK people, this is it - the prototype is ready (finally) and here are the latest photos (taken only last night I believe) of the finalized product. As you can see the item is a little bit different to the R34 version I posted in the previous threads, more information on this below.

For all those who have begun to think that this was a failed exercise, I'm sorry for the wait - supplier did take their sweet ass time to get the ball rolling - but it has been worthwhile.

post-19974-1167773855.jpgpost-19974-1167773849.jpgpost-19974-1167773862.jpg

post-19974-1167773868.jpgpost-19974-1167773874.jpg

These are not photoshopped images; these are the REAL THING people!!! The world's first R33GTST CF Door Sills :wave::woot::yes: What a way to start the new year...

And now straight from the email I received this morning...

Take a look. That's the world's first CF 33 door sills and it is NOT like the 34 versions with a shiny "wet carbon look". It is like those very expensive "dry carbon look". The original cow skin like pattern is preserved on a malt transparent coating on CF base. Together with the original "Skyline" words, perfect replica.

They told me that's the reason for the long wait. These 33 sills will be manufactured by an expensive new machine, which is capable of making 3-4 pairs of door sills per day. On top of speed, take a closer look at the edges of the sills and you will see the finishing is better than old CF products.

As you can see we've gone to quite a lot of trouble to get these so I hope you all like what you see... otherwise I'm going to have to take a big amount out of my bank and buy whatever is left over from this limited production run.

I have already asked for confirmation that the production run has commenced - once this has been done I will begin taking payments - you have all been PMed about it already.

2007, happy times >_<

Little update:

Just been told that you can "polish" this dry carbon to turn it into the wet carbon look (i.e. make it all shiny) so I guess it's the best of both worlds >_<

Also, a word from the supplier is that the prices this time round is the discounted rate; a gesture to show how sorry they are for the delay... I've been told to inform you all that the prices in future may/will increase (that's if they make another batch)

Thanks

S