SAU Community

Anybody Had A False Report

4dirty2

Ive got a story where i thought the coppas woulda been called but werent.

I drove my brothers 180 and when i got home left it in gear.

he had a remote starter, and in the morning while inside the house he turned it on..

but he didnt know it was in gear, and i totally forgot about the starter..

turns out the car turned on, then off cz it stalled, however they keep trying to start till they turn on successfully, second time in turned on it started moving (poor handbrake)

we lived on a corner house. it turned out the car rolled accross the st (opposite corner being a primary school) went up the curve and hit the school fence.

this was like 8:15 in the morning. i still dont know how he didnt hit a car or something.. only damage was a smashed left indicator lense.

no cops were called and i still cant believe it..

just imagine the look on those peoples faces, seeing a car with no driver start up, and drive into a fence..

lmao ~~

Remote start is a bit of a wank factor anyway, mine has the capability but I've never enabled it.

A car only needs to idle 30seconds max before its driven off slowly.

Prolonged warmup idling only washes the oil from the bores causing them to glaze up not to mention worse fuel economy.

Back in the days of straighy 30 and 40weight oils yes.. it was requried to warm the oil up as it was damn thick when cold.

yes wank factor (although I know of a few ppl who make the most of the function purposefully) but thats besides the point, point is ppl use it and although rarely happens can lead to an accident in which with this case, almost did.

Was told by several people that remote start is illegal in NSW not sure about other parts, but I know heaps of guys with it.

I have an auto and was looking at getting an alarm with that sort of feature but then was told not really worth the expense and if caught get defected.

But on the original topic is sucks that you can dobbed in even if you aren't caught by the cops. I mean fair play if you are doing something stupid and several people report you but only being reported by one person means that you can be treated as if you are a criminal?? And yet we don't have entrapment laws in this country.

Drew.

I've got remote start on a manual but I had it done so that it wont start when in gear, or if the handbrake is off, or if the bonnet is open etc. No point taking a risk like that for a little bit of wank factor. And yes, i admit I got it done for the wank factor, but i was getting a good alarm installed anyway and it didn't cost much more. Plus the confused looks of passersby makes it all worthwhile :ninja:

I've got remote start on a manual but I had it done so that it wont start when in gear, or if the handbrake is off, or if the bonnet is open etc. No point taking a risk like that for a little bit of wank factor. And yes, i admit I got it done for the wank factor, but i was getting a good alarm installed anyway and it didn't cost much more. Plus the confused looks of passersby makes it all worthwhile :laugh:

In gear would be easy to do as the ecu knows when your in neutral. So not difficult to throw a relay on to it.

I must say I'd probably use it on those hot days if I could get the no neutral no start setup. Stand in the shops start the car with the a/c on, pay for goods and walk out, slap the bubs in to a nice cool car. :mad:

In gear would be easy to do as the ecu knows when your in neutral. So not difficult to throw a relay on to it.

I must say I'd probably use it on those hot days if I could get the no neutral no start setup. Stand in the shops start the car with the a/c on, pay for goods and walk out, slap the bubs in to a nice cool car. :)

Exactly the reason i love it :D since the temperature has beeen heating up the last fewe days I've been loving the air con factor :D

A mate of mine did a U-turn in his 4wd lj50 suzuki jimni somewhere out at paynem and because it's a 2-stroke engine it blows allot of smoke. Some old-timer reported his plates to the police saying that he did a burnout up the street. The cops came round to his house after looking for burnout marks (which they couldn't find) and asked him if he was doing burnouts with his car.

He told them, do you think it's possible for a 33hp car with wideass 4wd tires like these to do a burnout? They had to give him a caution anyway but it shows how retarded and over-reactive people are getting these days with what they call 'hooning'.

Sorta makes you wanna reverse into the old coots driveway and show him what a real burnout is. lol

Blue Dynamite,

And the reason the old timer was able to get your mates number plate? Because the car was so damn slow getting away. :(

Just try to grab a number plate from even a v6 commodore as it throws a u-turn and lights up its single wheeler. By the time you've finished looking and then think I'll grab his number plate the cars long gone. :)

Blue Dynamite,

Just try to grab a number plate from even a v6 commodore as it throws a u-turn and lights up its single wheeler. By the time you've finished looking and then think I'll grab his number plate the cars long gone. :ninja:

No probs...

I'll just jump into my mates A15 datsun 120y and I wont have a problem catching up to that stupid commy.

The Lj's fast for what it is. Gotta remember that thing will climb just about any mountain. And when you see him doing donuts in the wet carpark in 2wd aided by the locker and get into your R32 to chase after him, he'll already be up that big hill you couldn't get up unless you had a motorbike and took a mad runup. From which point there is no guarrantee you will return from those thundery clouds. :P

lol I think you missed my point. :wave:

On a similiar note to the threads discussion..

See in the sunday mail how oversea's on your second strike you have your car taken and crushed. :)

I think its a little out of hand. Raise the license age to 18 and provide them with advanced driver training.

Advanced driver training will teach the young drivers exactly how easy it is to loose control not to mention how dangerous it is.

Oh and provide frigin drag strips etc so it can be taken off the streets.

lol I think you missed my point. :wave:

On a similiar note to the threads discussion..

See in the sunday mail how oversea's on your second strike you have your car taken and crushed. :)

I think its a little out of hand. Raise the license age to 18 and provide them with advanced driver training.

Advanced driver training will teach the young drivers exactly how easy it is to loose control not to mention how dangerous it is.

Oh and provide frigin drag strips etc so it can be taken off the streets.

yeah i read that altho i bet you would only hoon once after loosing ya first car

lol yes very true one would be very very carefull..

If they did introduce such a thing here (as stated in the paper) my only concern would be under what circumstances would they enforce such a drastic measure? Surely they could only do such a thing if a police officer them selves saw you hooning.

A report from the public in my book simply would not cut it.

Geez hope they dont introduce any cray crap like that here..

Imagine getting your pride and joy crushed after all the work youve put into it..

I remember when i first got my 32 gts4 i tried launch and since i hadnt done b4 i spun the wheels oh so little and after a cop flashed his lights and caught me few hundred metres down the rd..

i saw him following so of course i slowed down. when he stopped me they were ases as to be expected.

they were like saying that if my wheels spun for extra second they would of impounded my car under hoon rules.. and then they were checking out my car for 'defections' they said u have some oil in your engine bay.

i was like yah i did an oil change like last wk and spilled a bit. and i had only just imported my car and passed regency the week before hand. So i was like, my car is stock, i have the regency slip in my glove box. Then they stopped being asses..

turns out they gave me fine for un necessary noise...

the thing is they said we could see your sheels spinning from 100m away.. and it was like 11pm at night and i was the first car at the lights with about 6 behind me, and the cops were 100m behind that.. go figure?

not on topic but thought id share my story :rolleyes: