SAU Community

All R33 Owners! Who Wants A Lightup Skyline Sign?

R33_Rob

Hi

As the name suggests i have a friend who is very good with electronics. He is offering to install lights in the back of the R33 panell which says, SKYLINE. If anyone is interested in having it done cheaply, but professionally just PM me or reply.

I have read posts, including this one http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...p;#entry2268684

He is chargine $170 which is much cheaper than what other people were doing it for.

You will have to pay for postage, but that will only be a couple of dollars. I forgot to mention that he will be repainting the panel. So when you get the part back you will need to connect 2 wires and its done.

holy crap!! $170? i think i will do it myself for that much. i did it to my old 180 and it cost me about $15.

cool goober, you can do mine. $15 for parts, and a couple of bucks for your trouble.

woohooo, look marge, a couple of bucks !!!

;)

here is a pic of it

but i tried to change mine around an broke my S :)

hopefully ill be having that fixed soon.

so its using single LEDs ???

im running twin leds per letter - as seen in the first post in the thread in the first post

No.

The cold cathode that was installed is only long enough to light up 6 letters.

As a result i chose the cathode to light up KYLINE and have the S on an LED. I could of had a longer cathode but i didnt want to wait for it. So we decided on putting an LED behind the S to light it up.

EDIT: Only S1 can have them as the panel on the back is clear and has just been painted over. If you did want this then it is preferable to have a S1 or else buy a series 1 panel for around $30

Edited by R33_Rob

Sorry my last statement wasnt clear.

IF the cathode is long enough to adequately light up all of the letters, then only the cathode is being sold. if the cathode requires extra light to ensure the SKYLINE panel is appropriately lighted up, then addition LEDs will be used.

does that answer your question?

Mine came stock with the car from japan, lit up blue. Didn't even no till i got home :P When i rang him up a few days later i asked him bout it and he said its an optional extra when u buy the car brand new over there, i'll take a pic at night and post it. i Dont know how its done and aint gonna try to find out on my own car, cause why f**k with somethin that aint broke haha

Edited by series2r33