Pwr Coolers

gun-r32

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a PWR intercooler on my GTR (was already on it when I bought it) and the temps were always nice and stable even in 35c heat.

I deliver PWR radiators and oil coolers on a weekly basis to a radiator bloke in my area and the weld quality is great and they always look tops.

• 2 months later...

just thought id follow this thread up with some pics i took of the welds, core etc. on the PWR cooler before it was installed. Overall workmanship is very very good for the price.

misc0321.jpg

misc0331.jpg

misc0351.jpg

misc0341.jpg

Also pretty much a drop in replacement, bar a little trimming here of the front bar. Cheers to the boys down Hyperdrive way for the install too :(

Thats what fabrication means to me :P

Gunr32 have you got any pics after its been installed?

Also what sort of improvements has it givin,lower temps?,increased flow?

Any measured performance increase on the the dyno or track?

Cheers ;)

I haven’t actually seen it yet dude, it got installed while I was working away. I’ll be driving it as of Thursday though for a couple of weeks, so I’ll take some pics and give you the low down on performance.

• 2 weeks later...

you guys are paying 1k for intercoolers? wtf?... i dunno how you can justify that lol, they have these tiny 399$ ones in supercheap, mines 2x bigger, its a china cooler and cost 130$, welds look better on it as well.

you guys should already know theres no difference flow wise with intercooler weather they were made in china or made by a "well known" company.

and no, they are not made in aus.

Edited by stÖrmy

yeah mate china ones are fine if you are making stuff all power, but for people who want good quality, awesome welds and a product that is actually tested and developed then they buy a name brand one. Ones like pwr, plasmaman, hks, trust etc all have better core designs which flow better and keep intake temps lower. Plus if he decieds to smash a big single on their, he know that he will not lose power through dodgey design.

but if you want to keep ur china go right ahead.