SAU Community

Ecu Code 45 - Injector Leak

markk

Hi Guys,

I've had some issues with my 32 gtr. Mods include: GT 2860R Turbos, Cooler, Splitfire coils, PFC. Currently making 275 @ all four.

I've had some severe missing issues with the car lately. It got to the point where the car was running constantly on 5 cylinders, even on idle. I was getting knock levels up at around 105!

I took it to my mechanic and he changed spark plugs, tested coils, changed ignition amp, cleaned AFMs, replaced the wiring harness, comp tested motor. Car was running fine for about 30mins before it started again.

I put in my old ECU, took the car for a drive and after about 30 mins it started doing it again. I put the ECU into diagnostic mode and error 45 came up - injector leak.

So what exactly does an injector leak mean?? Do i need new injectors?? Could it be fuel pump??

Any help would be appreciated. ;)

Cheers

Its means the injector is leaking... Probly one of the o-rings is split.

Im not sure how it would recognise this fault, maybe a big vary in one of the inj duty cycle?

The knock sensors can pick up noise from the missfire and log that it was detonation, And In your case it sounds like the spark plugs/plugs are foulded.

Pull the injectors out replace the o-rings in all injectors, even while their out get them flow tested/cleaned make sure theirs nothing wong inside the injector - I wouldnt think this is common.

Also if it was that bad, change the oil... fuel in the sump = spinning bearings!

See how you go!

I put in my old ECU, took the car for a drive and after about 30 mins it started doing it again. I put the ECU into diagnostic mode and error 45 came up - injector leak.

No such thing as error code 45 according to the R32 GTR factory WS manual, you'd better re-check. In any event the stock ECU diagnostics aren't set up to detect injector leaks as already suggested.

Edited by SteveL

id be surprised if the ecu could detect injector leak also, it would have no way of knowing. read the powerfc faq in my sig, theres a known misfire bug in the r32 gtr powerfc and it outlines a working fix for it