SAU Community

Gauges & Pillar Pods!

kx2fity

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has used a universal pillar pod mount (like ebay ones) on their R33 or R32 guess it don/t matter?

Just trying to work out is it really worth the extra $150 to get the whole pillar with custom mount for my R33 (believe they are about $180) Ridiculous for a piece of plastic!

Do the universal ones fit snug?

Drilling involved, or slide over?

Hiding wires?

Your experience?

I am also after some electronic gauges (with control unit if possible) Boost, A/F, Oil press if any knows of some second handys! Would really like some Defi smoke gauges or something similar!

I have been doing a fair bit of searching and havent really found and "Great Deals" so if anyone knows of any would greatly appreciate hearing about them!

Thanks,

Danielpost-31633-1162738437.jpgpost-31633-1162738444.jpg

Edited by kx2fity

hey mate

i first bought that same triple one in the attached pic, it was a little bit too long for my pillar and the corners needed to be trimmed up for my s2 r33, it didnt snuggly fit and kinda looked out of place, i was just going to put it in anyway but then i put a bid on for a fiberglass direct fit double gauge pillar holder and ended up winning it for $65. they fit nicely and look like they belong there

my 2c :)

edit: i drilled two holes that went through into the pillar and used plastic push plug or what ever they are called to keep it in place,

i have a boost gauge and a voltmeter and i ran the lines/wires down through the bottom of the pillar and down under the dash board if that makes sense :( lol

hey mate

i first bought that same triple one in the attached pic, it was a little bit too long for my pillar and the corners needed to be trimmed up for my s2 r33, it didnt snuggly fit and kinda looked out of place, i was just going to put it in anyway but then i put a bid on for a fiberglass direct fit double gauge pillar holder and ended up winning it for $65. they fit nicely and look like they belong there

my 2c :)

edit: i drilled two holes that went through into the pillar and used plastic push plug or what ever they are called to keep it in place,

i have a boost gauge and a voltmeter and i ran the lines/wires down through the bottom of the pillar and down under the dash board if that makes sense :) lol

$65 thats a fairlly reasonable price, I would definately be willing to pay that! Just cant warrent $180!

When you say direct fit, you mean replacement Pillar included? or it fits directly over top? why did you need to drill the holes to keep in place 'sorry cant picture'!

How did the tripple gauge look (when you put in place)? Was it a bit crammed in there? I have only been in one skyline with a triple gauge pillar mount and I can just remember it looking really clustered (I never got to drive so I also did't get a good representation of 'driver comfort')!

ive got a greddy twin gauge a pillar pod designed for r33's i might be getting rid of..

looks funny in my car with only one guage, heh.

Really!

Would be very interested hint 'post above' hint $65 'I hear they're going for! haha

Let us know if you need it gone!

i'll let ya know.. gotta find it amongst all my car shit first..

i have a feeling it was slightly warped from the sun, but ill take some pics, because it was on the back part you cant see.

$65 thats a fairlly reasonable price, I would definately be willing to pay that! Just cant warrent $180!

When you say direct fit, you mean replacement Pillar included? or it fits directly over top? why did you need to drill the holes to keep in place 'sorry cant picture'!

How did the tripple gauge look (when you put in place)? Was it a bit crammed in there? I have only been in one skyline with a triple gauge pillar mount and I can just remember it looking really clustered (I never got to drive so I also did't get a good representation of 'driver comfort')!

oh no my one went over the existing pillar that was already there, and yes it did fit directly over the top but with the weight of the gauges it needed something to stop it from falling and moving around, so i drilled a little hole into the gauge holder and in through to the existing pillar and with a plastic push grommet thing, lol i dont know what they are called, used them to hold it in place (when my camera batteries recharge, ill take some pics)

from a distance the triple gauge holder looked ok but when sitting in the drivers seat, it was too clustered and too "in ya face" and also you could hardly see the gauge on the bottom due to to middle one covering most of it up it

oh no my one went over the existing pillar that was already there, and yes it did fit directly over the top but with the weight of the gauges it needed something to stop it from falling and moving around, so i drilled a little hole into the gauge holder and in through to the existing pillar and with a plastic push grommet thing, lol i dont know what they are called, used them to hold it in place (when my camera batteries recharge, ill take some pics)

from a distance the triple gauge holder looked ok but when sitting in the drivers seat, it was too clustered and too "in ya face" and also you could hardly see the gauge on the bottom due to to middle one covering most of it up it

Cheers mate, I understand what you mean now! 60mm gauges?

Yeh I was a little bit worried about it being clustered so have held of on buying pillar mount until I'm sure of what I want!

This is what you want.

$117 delivered, GENUINE Greddy dual gauge pillar mount.

http://www.nengun.com/catalogue/product/96

These fit over your existing pillar and are very easy to install.

Hey mate I believe that is what I want! $42 for P&H is that right? Do you save if you but multiple items and is it done on weight? couldn't find anything on site (mind u i only skimmed)!

Hopefully Mitchy will find his and throw it my way; saving me the hassel of odering from Nengun!

I have actually heard some good things about them though! whats the weight time like?

Thanks mate,

Daniel

I know Aston at J-Shop does Pillar Pods for about $25 each (3 gauges)

Mine required a bit of cutting and filing but fits nice.

Not sure what size gauges if he does 52mm and 60mm.

Don't happen to have any pics of it mate?

How is it for space 'crambed'?

Do you get full view of all gauges? ( i feel 3s a bit of an overkill)!

Thanks, Dan

get that mearcat one where it sits in the corner you only need 1 gauge

Yeh they look pritty good but I'm not to keen on drilling into my dash! and have seen a few with cable running along dash and they look a little scrappy! just my opinion tho!

I like the fact with the pillar mounts you can easily hide your cables!

Thanks,

Daniel

mitchy- those twin pods are mad! i bought mine off alpinestars the pods sik and so is he lol

oi if u wona sell give me price pm i might buy another one for a spare.

kx2fifdy- i gota unused autometer dual guage pod, fits snug over pillar not like dem china ones, holds 2x2" gauges. if ya won it you can have it for 50bux. if ya want pics let me know!

cheers cob