SAU Community

Mongoose Or Viper?

rb25_r32

i need to get an alarm for my line. i don't know what alarm should i get and whats good or not. i got in mind the Mongoose M80G or the Viper VIPER 791XV REMOTE START.

the mongoose is a top of the range basic 1 way alarm, and the viper is the top of the range 2 way alarm. but the viper alarm offers more features and have a little remote with a display screen? i've had a 1 way alarm before but i haven't had a 2 way alarm b4. im jst wondering what disadvantages there are with the 2 way and your opinons guys...

ive got a mongoose M80s which is the 2nd highest i think. its seems like a good alarm system. the only problem i have with it is the auto immobilise after 30secs and there isnt any valet option or anything where i can turn it off that i can see.

simple.... mongoose.. The viper isnt Australian standards.. and only 1 point immob...

mongoose m80g is 3 point with glass break sensor and turbo timer interface

Viper is not australian standards? I asked the dealer i bought the car from to install an alarm for me for insurance purposes and they put in a viper... so its not covered by insurance? What a waste of money :cheers: BASTARDS this is the 6th BIG thing they stuffed up on.

The Vipers are Insurance OK though you will need to check with your insurance company

VIPER 5900SS would be the way to go over the 791VX though the 791 is a good unit. A better unit is the SCOSCHE - RSA2900F which has remote start as well. 1000 metre range and life time warranty on the remote and receiver.

Price guide:

Viper 791VX -------------$ 369.00

Viper 5900ss -------------$ 459.00

Scosche RSA2900FA ---- $ 369.00

Installation is $150 - $300.00 depending on if you want the remote start as it cost about a hour in labour.

We usually stock these.

ive got a mongoose M80s which is the 2nd highest i think. its seems like a good alarm system. the only problem i have with it is the auto immobilise after 30secs and there isnt any valet option or anything where i can turn it off that i can see.

I think that the auto arm sucks as well, but its required as a part of the Australian standards, along with black wires ect ect.

I have fitted mongoose to customers cars, seem like a good system!

Edited by blur

The Vipers are Insurance OK though you will need to check with your insurance company

VIPER 5900SS would be the way to go over the 791VX though the 791 is a good unit. A better unit is the SCOSCHE - RSA2900F which has remote start as well. 1000 metre range and life time warranty on the remote and receiver.

Price guide:

Viper 791VX -------------$ 369.00

Viper 5900ss -------------$ 459.00

Scosche RSA2900FA ---- $ 369.00

Installation is $150 - $300.00 depending on if you want the remote start as it cost about a hour in labour.

We usually stock these.

you meant to say you parallel import them. the 5900SS is NOT available in oz and the 791 is a B stock item from DEI meant for mexico. now going further on that DEI will not warrant any part of it so if you do buy you are on your own feet.

post your spam elsewhere please.

• Like 1

We have installed these two way systems before, various brands.

I think they are a fun unit, with the colour remote and remote start, for about the 1st five minutes, then when the novelty wheres off you are left with a second grade alarm.

In my opinon if you want the best go for mongoose, and if you want paging you can also get the mongose sms module, this way you can always be in contact with your car no matter how far away you are.

i need to get an alarm for my line. i don't know what alarm should i get and whats good or not. i got in mind the Mongoose M80G or the Viper VIPER 791XV REMOTE START.

the mongoose is a top of the range basic 1 way alarm, and the viper is the top of the range 2 way alarm. but the viper alarm offers more features and have a little remote with a display screen? i've had a 1 way alarm before but i haven't had a 2 way alarm b4. im jst wondering what disadvantages there are with the 2 way and your opinons guys...

Hi,

The main issue that needs to be considered is reliability, and replacement parts. The Mongoose is found plentiful here in Australia so parts arn't really a problem whereas the viper is a. not that reliable and there are not many companies that can service your alarm. Remote start is illegal in Australia and we would only consider this if your car was automatic.

Our recommedation would be the top of the line Autowatch 456rli which gives you all of the security features you need and it also gives you a turbo-timer as well.

The Mongoose is priced at $450 installed and the Autowatch 456 is $550 installed.

As for 2 way alarms we have a paging system that can send you an SMS notification when ever your car is being tampered with direct to your mobile phone wherever you are in the country this is priced at either $400 extra or $700 extra depending on which paging system you choose.

Please call us if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Leon

Security In Motion

We have installed these two way systems before, various brands.

I think they are a fun unit, with the colour remote and remote start, for about the 1st five minutes, then when the novelty wheres off you are left with a second grade alarm.

In my opinon if you want the best go for mongoose, and if you want paging you can also get the mongose sms module, this way you can always be in contact with your car no matter how far away you are.

x2. not to mention the rude shock when the remote you buy costs more than the alarm itself did. add to the fact that the effective TESTED range on 90% of them is 300m. that becomes even less if your car has factory lead tinted windows. (try 10m -that's the best I have seen)

if you want paging done properly buy a GSM paging unit. many flavors available the three that are mentioned though are the better ones. (DEI ,autowatch, mongoose )

x2. not to mention the rude shock when the remote you buy costs more than the alarm itself did. add to the fact that the effective TESTED range on 90% of them is 300m. that becomes even less if your car has factory lead tinted windows. (try 10m -that's the best I have seen)

if you want paging done properly buy a GSM paging unit. many flavors available the three that are mentioned though are the better ones. (DEI ,autowatch, mongoose )

The last one I put on worked up to 500m away with buildings (Single story) in the way, Great as a toy, but if you are seroius the Gsm module is the way to go if you want to be in contact with your car.