SAU Community

Compliance workshop - help!!!!!

sven laptop

OK, so the R33 GTSt has arrived, I've had it complied (costing 50% more than the import broker said it would), I've had it roadworthied (after fitting new front discs & disconnecting some dodgy wiring) & made the appointment at VicRoads to have it registered.

Everything's going smoothly until the VicRoads bloke decides that the compliance plate is stuck on with the wrong type of rivets!!!!!:D

He says they need to be "tamper-proof rivets", so the plate can't be removed & swapped onto other cars.

So he says it can't be registered until the right rivets are used.

Fair enough I say & go looking for someone to remove the old rivets & attach the new ones.

However, no-one seems to know about these rivets except Carizma in Richmond & they're too busy to do the job until next week.

SO ..... can anyone recommend a place that can do the job at short notice?

Any decent compliance place should be able to help, but I'm struggling to find any in the yellow pages.

PLEASE HELP ME if you know of a compliance workshop in Melbourne that I can try.

PS: This is urgent.

Thanks in advance.:P

which vic roads did you go to.??? I assume you mean the plate with the VIN no. on it not the compliance plate. Same thing happened to me at oakleigh lucky had got there early. Vicroads guy sent me to the workshop next door and they stamped the VIn no. onto the strut tower then went back and got it regoed. I thought the law was the VIN No. not the compliance plate itself... Your compliance place should really fix it.

I went to the Vicroads office in Carlton (should've gone to one up the bush somewhere!).

It wasn't the VIN number, it was definitely the compliance plate he was referring to - the green one.

My appointment there is at 10:45 tomorrow morning, so maybe I can get up to Oakleigh beforehand & have that workshop look at it.

Still, in the meantime I've printed off all the rego & compliance info from the Vicroads website & it doesn't mention tamper-proof rivets anywhere, so if worst comes to worst I'll ask the bloke to show me the rule that says I need them to be tamper-proof.

Anyway, thanks for the help & advice.:)