SAU Community

Wsid 6th December

Nismo_God

Hi All,

Im heading down to WSID wednesday night and thought i would do a call out to see who is thinking of heading out. My mate is a stock vectra is heading out for the first time so you u will get to see the slowest car in wsid history. i also get to smash a commodore around a bit cause his bro is heading down to. Come say hi if you do go. Im the white r33 with 19" on the front and really bald slicks on the rear...

And 8 back, baby!

Not really. I left my wheel spacers in the shed and when I went to put the shiny new Mickey’s on I realised I couldn’t use them as they foul the lower spring mount in my car. So I put the street tyres back on (with 45psi in them) and went for a skid. The street tyres wouldn’t hold more than about 3400rpm on the line without going into wheel-spin on the spot. The starter at WSID doesn’t take kindly to static burnouts in full stage so I had to drive it off the start line and wait for the car to come up on the converter and then onto boost. As it stands the converter seems way too loose as I crossed the line at 113-114mph all night but at a whopping 7100rpm! Basically the converter is slipping more than it should be and not directing as much of the drive to the wheels as it should be. We’ll take the converter out and have it tightened and changed once I have a bit more data on what it wants to do and work out exactly how hard it’s gonna want to slip on the bottle and with more boost. Bear in mind that last night was @ 15psi and no gas so surprisingly, I’m pretty happy. I drove the car home and everything was fine. I’ll be back out again on Friday the 15th, this time with some drag radials and a little blue bottle.

Cheers

And 8 back, baby!

Not really. I left my wheel spacers in the shed and when I went to put the shiny new Mickey’s on I realised I couldn’t use them as they foul the lower spring mount in my car. So I put the street tyres back on (with 45psi in them) and went for a skid. The street tyres wouldn’t hold more than about 3400rpm on the line without going into wheel-spin on the spot. The starter at WSID doesn’t take kindly to static burnouts in full stage so I had to drive it off the start line and wait for the car to come up on the converter and then onto boost. As it stands the converter seems way too loose as I crossed the line at 113-114mph all night but at a whopping 7100rpm! Basically the converter is slipping more than it should be and not directing as much of the drive to the wheels as it should be. We’ll take the converter out and have it tightened and changed once I have a bit more data on what it wants to do and work out exactly how hard it’s gonna want to slip on the bottle and with more boost. Bear in mind that last night was @ 15psi and no gas so surprisingly, I’m pretty happy. I drove the car home and everything was fine. I’ll be back out again on Friday the 15th, this time with some drag radials and a little blue bottle.

Cheers

my advice

dont change it till you tune it at te boost you want with the gas, then try it

the same converter will be totally different with more boost and the nos in it. my car is proof of that.

my advice

dont change it till you tune it at te boost you want with the gas, then try it

the same converter will be totally different with more boost and the nos in it. my car is proof of that.

We’ll take the converter out and have it tightened and changed once I have a bit more data on what it wants to do and work out exactly how hard it’s gonna want to slip on the bottle and with more boost.

I was out there....was doing some very average times early on but started to tighten them up closer to 10pm. was .12 off pb but ran some consistent 13.6's. looking to drop the pressure in the slicks a little more and try again. still havent taken much off my 60ft tho, 1.970 is only just quicker then previous. 2rismo impressive engine bay, plenty of shiny pipes...