SAU Community

0-100

G'day all,

I just wanted to know what everyone thinks about the reliability of Pivot's speedmeter. I had one installed recently and on my second attempt on the M4, my 0-100 figure was 6.00 sec. I was pleased with this because I had the silencer on my muffler fitted in.

The times varied from between 6 sec and 6.3.:burnout:

well standard is 6.2 for 33 with approx 140rwkw. Id say add exhaust and filter and boost and youd be pushing 160rwkw, and mid 5seconds to 100? Go a FMIC and some sort of management for 190+rwkw, and id say low 5seconds to high 4 seconds 0-100.

does this sound right?

Guilt toy, 4.77 is pretty quick, you must have 200+kw at the wheels? The only thing is, how do you get the traction to pull a 4.77 0-100? what tyres you got, and how did you launch?

I've got all the above mentioned mods including front mount intercoola running 13psi, and I've got 190rwkw and yeah that's true, traction is a bit of a problem...need to be able to get a good launch....

Still...Anything near 5 secs is awesome!!

i get around 3.4

around 250rwkw

but dont know how accurate my rsm is or if the g sensor is set right but around 3.4 not much wheelspin

but reason i question this as when i had shit 235's on back i was getting 2.5 sec lol wheels spinning at 100km/h

yeah dude, i doubt 3.4 sec as well... i would say thats impossible on street tyres!! i dont think any RWD street car will be able to crack the low 4 seconds, apart from these "street" cars in japan running Nittos and 10sec qtrs!

I remember i test done with propper equipment on Kingsley Heads GTR 32, big single conversion, and i think he was only just in the high 3sec to 100 bracket. BIG power and RWD on street=inability to do exceptional 0-100's!! The power becomes a problem rathere than an aid in low gears.

250rwkw is a heap of power, and if you could get it down you'd probably do 3.4secs! But no way espec with the shit 235's you mention!

when i went from 160 to 200kw i could no longer just plant it in 1st due to traction breaking, wheras before i could let 1st wind right out.

I think the pivot speedmeter measures only the distance.

As in 0-100 meters rather than 0-100 kmh. It also does 0-200 meters and 0-400 meters which is pretty close to 1/4 mile.

If that is the case it has nothing to do with the factory published times of 0-100 kmh.

dumb question but how does it measure the distance ?

If you sat their and ripped a burnout (tyres spinning faster than what your car could move) it would give you a 'really' quick 0-100m time wouldnt it ?

/end dum question.

pivot speedmeter measures 0-100 kph, 0-200 kph, 0-300 kph and 0-400 metres. To make it more clear, an olympic runner does about 9-10 sec for the 100 m sprint. A 6 sec skyline (0-100m) wouldn't be faster than a human by only 3-4 sec to 100 m would it.

Originally posted by toby19

pivot speedmeter measures 0-100 kph, 0-200 kph, 0-300 kph and 0-400 metres. To make it more clear, an olympic runner does about 9-10 sec for the 100 m sprint. A 6 sec skyline (0-100m) wouldn't be faster than a human by only 3-4 sec to 100 m would it.

LOL - I'm pretty sure they are talking about 0-100 k/ph, not 0-100m :)

J

Jay,

Your posy doesn't make sense. Toby is the one started this thread which is about the reading he took from his pivot speedmeter.

Toby,

One way to find out whether you are in fact measuring 0-100kmh is to set the meter and go for a run sitting at 60kmh. You can do this as you are cruising and don't have to do it from stand still.If it beeps and gives you a reading it is clear that the reading is for 0-100m not 0-100kmh. You can try the same for 0-200, 0-300 and 0-400. I am sure you will find that all the readings are for distance not for speed.

A cheetah would be faster than our beloved skylines over a sprint of 100meters. Basically having to move a mass of 1.5 ton and not being able to put all the power to the ground from stand still (read traction) hass all to do with it.

Obviously as the distance is increased there is no comparison.

With 180rwkw (about 2 years ago), I clocked off about 5.2 secs with a g-tech... 206rwkw and I managed a 4.9...

Much faster than that and you're pushing shit uphill with only two wheels driving, as you can only put down so much power in first and second...

Try a 100-200 time estimate if you want an indication of a cars power :)

matt