SAU Community

my new pod filter

well i got bored today and thought i would remove my dual battery setup in the surf, replace with a damn expensive single battery and get rid of the factory air intake (which was on passenger side of engine bay) and chucked in a k&n pod on the drivers side where the 2nd battery used to be.

This leaves plenty of room for my top mount r33 intercooler now :P

well i just went down to the chinese takeaway and got half the town looking.. with the loud psshhh! as i pull in :P sweet

took heaps of planning and then 1hour max. I had pulled everything apart so many times i knew exactly what to do.

The induction noise is a pain in the arse, but i got K&n as at just over $100 i thought it would have to be better than the $40 ****ty ones.

the main time was trying to get the damn pipe onto the turbo as the aircon sits right in front. let me just say i hope i never have to take it off!!

Birty

Probably because they make the best filters in the world.....! Every single filter test I have read has the k&n in front and the trust one last:lol:

A couple of year ago I was at the Coffee Club at Broardbeach and a guy in a Ferrari 355 pulled up with Japanese plates and everything......He told me a big story about how he was one of the owners of HKS (Not sure but a good story) after I raced him in my starlet.....anyway he had all this cool HKS gear on the 355 but a pair of K&N filters. He said why the K&N filters? He said that "His guys" had tested them all and found them to be best.

Who was I to argue with the man with the 355.

Just thought I'd share that with you all

We had a HKS one on Sinbad when we got it. When we went exploring in the engine and found out that the filter was crumbling we decided to take it off.

The HKS one was ****en loud... about 5 times louder than the K&N one we got to replace it.

I love the intake noise.. Now that I know its only around $50 to get the HKS pod filter I might change it back. But we will see what happens...

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by BOOSTMEISTER

Birty

Probably because they make the best filters in the world.....!  Every single filter test I have read has the k&n in front and the trust one last:lol:  

A couple of year ago I was at the Coffee Club at Broardbeach and a guy in a Ferrari 355 pulled up with Japanese plates and everything......He told me a big story about how he was one of the owners of HKS (Not sure but a good story) after I raced him in my starlet.....anyway he had all this cool HKS gear on the 355 but a pair of K&N filters.  He said why the K&N filters? He said that "His guys" had tested them all and found them to be best.

Who was I to argue with the man with the 355.

Just thought I'd share that with you all

so did u beat him in the starlet?

Originally posted by Squizz

Now just up the boost and a front mount!

already done the boost. just using a turbosmart boost controller now running 13psi up from around a standard 8psi. The cooler is a top mount as the 4wd has 2 radiators at the front and no room for a front mount.. also saves heaps of piping by having a topmount.