SAU Community

Engine Where?

Powers Lacking

Bought a holden rodeo the other week to transport my motorbike (skylines and trailers dont mix well). Looking at getting an sr20det or maybe an rb in the rodeo, if an rb will fit. Called the usual places xspeed, hyperdrive, speedworks but can remember reading somewhere , there is a place that does the supercharged commodore conversions to hilux's and rodeo's. Anyone know where this place is and what its called?

whats it going to cost to build and turbo the stock engine? keeping in mind that it already has over 200 000kms on it.

Spoke to a place called Chevtorque who do the supercharged conversions reckons looking anywhere between 11-16.5k, speedworks hyperdrive and xspeed have all said between 9-11k for an sr20det conversion. I am in two minds now, what you guys think i should do?

sr

just means that it prob wont be suited as much to off road/track work and trailer pulling wont be as good

dont forget a supercharged commo engine will have more torque than the sr (which is what you want for track/off road stuff and trailer pulling) - but i reckon that a sr conversion is a bit more unique

plus on cruises it will be an attraction :devil:

but if your sole intention is hauling a trailer full of moto bikes, plus pulling the car itself, then maybe your better off with an engine rebuild + turbo

i think 11-16.5k for pulling a trailer is a bit too much and an sr wont cut the mustard for all that type of work all the time

Edited by 342Four

NIB- thanks ill give him a call on monday. Although i spoke to x-speed today and they were saying much more costly to rebuilt the rodeo engine as everything turbowise will need to be "custom"

I got the rodeo so i wont have to pull a trailer can just put the bike on the back >_<

As far as off road work goes it wont be too much as i wont wanna scratch my new paint. It'll be just enough to get me to my riding spots.

Btw i also plan on getting

New spray job

airbagged suspension (and bodywork to fit rims on so i can drop it on its ass)

20inch oasis rims

Interior/sound system a bit later down the track once ive saved some more money

All up this should be one mean mini truck

why custom

surely there should be some forged pistons that you can get that might need a bit of custom machining and the rods might need to be toughened up, but what else apart from lowering the compression a bit and putting the turbo on .... and as im writing this im realising - efi (or isnt it?)

hmmmmm - actually could be a bit tricky

NIB- thanks ill give him a call on monday. Although i spoke to x-speed today and they were saying much more costly to rebuilt the rodeo engine as everything turbowise will need to be "custom"

I got the rodeo so i wont have to pull a trailer can just put the bike on the back :/

As far as off road work goes it wont be too much as i wont wanna scratch my new paint. It'll be just enough to get me to my riding spots.

Btw i also plan on getting

New spray job

airbagged suspension (and bodywork to fit rims on so i can drop it on its ass)

20inch oasis rims

Interior/sound system a bit later down the track once ive saved some more money

All up this should be one mean mini truck

just wondering.....

with the whole airbag suspension setup how low when fully dumped are you thinking? few mm off the ground (for show use obviously) or.....?

with 20's you are gonna re-fabricate the exsisting gaurds or go ready made custom ones?

Refabrication seems to be able to do it (so im told), although the c-notch is the only thing that has me thinking twice. As you cant get a c-notch engineered unfortunatley. Can get bump stops put in to stop it at 100mm and take them out if i ever decide to enter a show.