SAU Community

Defected

SAGTS-4

doesnt matter where u drive either unfortunatly. Ive been pulled over in side streets, and was finally defected on the way home down the 80km/h road to hallett cove. Nowhere near the city. There are also regular defect stations in the hills.

It comes down to the police who are looking at your car at the time, and if its their "time of the month" :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah ive got twin milo's and have been let right through a defect station to which me and a mate can only put it down to Gods hand over me,

Black Vash - was there the night i got let through that station he went to the back of the car after asking for my license and then came back and said on your way that same night someone from here went through and got defected :)

i have also been pulled over twice by the same motorcycle cop and he measured the height and looked @ the engine and that was it

when i got pulled over for speeding alledged 147 in a 100 zone to which its set for pre-trial he didnt say anything about my mounted boost guage .. he did say i shouldnt have a turbo timer :huh: but said i will not worrry about it today

going up Anzac Hwy one night took of very quick upto 60kph @ marion road and shortly after a bogan red VN flew past me doing 80-90 KPH and then 2 mins up to road i get pulled over by a unmarked Land cruiser that had been following the whole thing and tried to tell me that my GTS4 screeched the wheels @ the lights and i was doing 80kph for 300meters where i took off fast.. to which i said um sorry its a AWD they dont screech the wheels when taking off and i wasnt speeding, he started to argue and continue on saying well i know what i heard so i let it be, and he asked if i had ever been in trouble with the police and i told him my prior's and then he asked who was that in the car and i told him it was a mate from church he was like oh ok so that straightened you out then, he said if your storey checks out i will let you off with a caution

all in all ive been very blessed when confronting SAPOL

^^^^ lol @ landcruiser cops madaz

star force out in uniform on traffic patrol. got pulled over one nite by them in town. takin info on my car, one of them didnt even know what my car was. they knew it was nissan (and blatantly infront of them is an R31SkylineClub sticker LOL). Didnt even know it was turbo (once again, i backed off throttle as they pulled along side me cos they scared the living shit outta me and the flutter in those days was LOUD). Some are dumb, some are cool, and some are just right c**ts. Prayin i dont get canaried in the future.

ye the most annoying thing is its only 20mm !!!! big deal and now other things start to happen i cant get to work cause i cant drive it, get new springs $$ time wasting then there gonna find other stuff its so much hassle for 20 mm

Get it raised and call regency to book in when back to reasonably stock, once checked in can take to local cop shop and get cleared for height so can drive still until date of regency inspection. Not the best but at least can still drive it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was defected after an apparant "report I was speeding" ON MY DRIVEWAY!!! It goes without saying that you can be defected anywhere anytime. What I have done since to avoid being defected again is:

1- Try to avoid driving at night where possible (If its just a cop car on the road and a skyline they WILL pull you over, I got pulled pulled over in the city 3 times in 1 night for no reason)

2- Don't drive in the city at night defect stations on rundle street and hindley street very common

3- If driving to the bay go down Sir Donald Bradmon drive or another route they will be setting up defect stations on greenhill road and anzac highway this summer

Best mechanism for avoiding a defect is tro do whatever you can at all costs to avoid them. They don't have anything better to do and instad of busting real criminals they go for easy revenue, low paper work jobs like defecting imports.

You know its a real joke when you have to worry about where and when to drive your import, fu#$en pathetic really.

My 2 cents