SAU Community

Weird Distorted Sounds From The Sub (not Normal Kind!)

Monstar

if it makes the weird thump when its meant to be playing it generally says that either the amp's channel that your running off is playing up and sending an incorrect signal or that the amp itself is tuned way to high for the recommended setting of the sub.

btw has it only just recently started to make the noise or is this from a new amp/sub set up?

if your located in the northen burbs of melb your more than welcome to bring it round to my place and i can have a look at it.

Edited by cheez

• 2 weeks later...
if it makes the weird thump when its meant to be playing it generally says that either the amp's channel that your running off is playing up and sending an incorrect signal or that the amp itself is tuned way to high for the recommended setting of the sub.

btw has it only just recently started to make the noise or is this from a new amp/sub set up?

if your located in the northen burbs of melb your more than welcome to bring it round to my place and i can have a look at it.

thanks for offering to fix it, but i live in sydney... the problem has only just started to play up... i will try re tuning it

thanks heaps

When I started to hear distortion in my car I originally thought I had blown a rear speaker. Turns out it was the sub, the cone had separated from the rubber surround.

But really this could be a lot of things. Try another sub if you have one/can borrow one, that will rule out your sub packing it in.

Fixxxer :laugh:

• 10 months later...
When I started to hear distortion in my car I originally thought I had blown a rear speaker. Turns out it was the sub, the cone had separated from the rubber surround.

But really this could be a lot of things. Try another sub if you have one/can borrow one, that will rule out your sub packing it in.

Fixxxer :D

ive got the same problem at the moment i call the dude that installed my system he rekons its the amp sending sme signal or interferance somthing like that anyway

lucky its still under warranty so now ive gota take it bak to moto quip and they will send it off then i will knoe whats wrong i guess ill try my other fusion sub just rule out the sub

shiting itself any info would be great ppl if you have had the same prob and fixed it.

Cheers

Allan.M

alright, so im assumung that when you listening to music, the sub just randomly starts thumping? few things you need to check.

1 make sure that your rcas arent shorting out anywhere.

2. make sure that they are plugged in securely to the headunit, and to the amp

3. make sure that the amp is grounded properly, and is receiving sufficient power

4. ensure that all your speaker cables are secure, and arent shorting out.

if this doesnt fix the problem, then take the amp out, and try it in another car. if it still does it, the amp is most likely fuxxord

alright, so im assumung that when you listening to music, the sub just randomly starts thumping? few things you need to check.

1 make sure that your rcas arent shorting out anywhere.

2. make sure that they are plugged in securely to the headunit, and to the amp

3. make sure that the amp is grounded properly, and is receiving sufficient power

4. ensure that all your speaker cables are secure, and arent shorting out.

if this doesnt fix the problem, then take the amp out, and try it in another car. if it still does it, the amp is most likely fuxxord

cheers bud its under warranty wiring is fine thats the first thing i checked was the rca ant that so i will get my amp back in 2 weeks

cheeers

Allan.M