SAU Community

Psp Firmware

billabong-john

I hav'nt been keeping up with the firmware upgrades for my PSP since moving out here and i have a couple of questions for anyone with the Knowledge..

* my last upgrade was the 2.70 firmware, i have now found out that you can get firmware 3.03 so can i just download this version or do i need to download all the upgrades that have been between the two of them :D

*also can anybody advise on a site were i can download the 3.03 firmware??

go one better, with custom hacked 303 firmware you can do everything 1.5 does but you can also play most ps1 games (ntsc or pal converted to ntsc)

if you currently cant run homebrew you may have to downgrade to 1.5 before you install the custom 303 tho. :cheers:

Edited by midnight

GT2 is currently being played on my PSP.. I don't think there is ANY other game out there for portable console that even comes CLOSE to how good that game is..

I would probably look at getting the custom 3.03 firmware.. i've got a zip of it somewhere if people need it, otherwise search for 3.03 OE-A upgrade..

Installing 3.03 is easier than getting Devhook running..

If you want i'll strip it down and put up a file that contains only what you need (2 folders).. if your running 1.50 it's very easy to install..

Cheers

Links

Ive gone through psp hacks and have read the guides. Im like god!! How much stuff do you need to do. I think i understand the downgrading to 1.5 covered but how to run emulators,make is 3.03 and run emulators its not that easy.

alot of the ps1 games are better than half the junk on umd.

ff7, ff8, gran turismo 1 and 2, metal gear solid, crash bandicoot. just to name a few

A workmate of mine did my 1.5 to 3.03 upgrade today, it took him 5 minutes. He also put on some old ps1 games on it: spyro, metal slug and raiden. Its pretty amazing, it runs exactly like I remembered it. And to play my psp iso's I dont have to go through Devhook anymore! I cant wait until I get a copy of gran turismo on ps1 and get that going on psp I read that it runs great on psp too

Yay i got Gran turismo 2 working on it, its flawless. Saves are a bit slow, i dont know if thats normal.

However i got an infrigement notice downloading it, LOL because I forgot to load my ip blocker, doh.

Title: Gran Turismo

Infringement Source: BitTorrent

Infringement Timestamp: 21 Jan 2007 05:35:33 GMT Infringement Last Documented: 21 Jan 2007 05:35:33 GMT Infringer Username:

Infringing Filename: Gran Turismo 2 (U) Psx Infringing Filesize: 464974305 Infringer IP Address: xxxxxxxxxxx Infringer DNS Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx Infringing URL: http://www.spanishtracker.com:2710/announce

^^ Bahah bad luck dude. I also downloaded GT2 and got it working on my PSP, but I used to play it heaps on PS1 back in the days. The save times are exactly the same, but atleast it works hey.

By the way: http://pspupdates.qj.net imo, is the best PSP site, just to add another!

-Brent.