SAU Community

Www.auaudio.com

Basti

i think i saw this website mentioned on here by some one so i checked it out. they seem to have very good prices. in one instance its almost 200 bux less than the manufacturer's reccommended. seems too good to be true. is there a catch? maybe they have units intended for other countries (and associated radio freqs?)

they have listings for both the poineer DEH-P5850MP and the DEH-P5850MPH. i googled the 2nd one and its listed under pioneer's singapore site but not the aussie one. its also $60 bux more.

whats the go?

another thing. if you have had bad experiences please pm me the details instead of posting the whole thing in here. we can keep the mods happy that way i think

thanks guys

The prices are fairly ordinary if not above retail in most cases.

Especially factoring in that Pioneer/ Alpine and other jap brand head units are now all discontinued with new models due out end feb/start march as happens each year.

Go to a retailer and you should be able to get a better deal and knowledge reather than send an email and hopefully get a response.

The prices are fairly ordinary if not above retail in most cases.

Especially factoring in that Pioneer/ Alpine and other jap brand head units are now all discontinued with new models due out end feb/start march as happens each year.

Go to a retailer and you should be able to get a better deal and knowledge reather than send an email and hopefully get a response.

JB have stupid deals on these at the moment as they are DISCONTINUED models.

The DEH-P4950MP is the new model, and hte DEH-P5950IB

Personally i would fo the DEH-P5950IB as it is Full Speed Ipod controls and FULL FUNCTION unlike the ALPINE full Speed Units, where you only get some of the ipod functions through the HU!

The RRP$ on the units are

DEH-P4950MP --- $319.00

DEH-P5950IB ---- $429.00

Again these are RETAIL pricing

JB Hi-Fi are probably the best people to go to for a bargain on car audio, especially if you know someone there, or even tell em you can get it cheaper at a store down the road they'll drop their price straight away!

JB are cheapest on what? Toys not car audio. They sell plastic junk.

The mainstream products they have, are by far not the cheapest.

JB Hifi and WOW are EVERYONES CLEARANCE STORE just like CRAZY CLARKS etc....

If ALpine or Pioneer can not move it then JB SELL it or SHOULD THAT be GIVE IT AWAY

I bet People dont bother checking the warranties, as they usually are only 30 - 90 days

You might as well take the risk on EBAY... though not me!

JB provide full warranty on everything they sell, this is based on the 12 month warranty i got on a pioneer deck last year. Don't they sell cheap because they buy in bulk, get good buying prices, and manage their overhead costs (cheap floorcoverings in the SA stores - i work in the floorcovering industry!).

JB Hifi and WOW are EVERYONES CLEARANCE STORE just like CRAZY CLARKS etc....

If ALpine or Pioneer can not move it then JB SELL it or SHOULD THAT be GIVE IT AWAY

I bet People dont bother checking the warranties, as they usually are only 30 - 90 days

You might as well take the risk on EBAY... though not me!

CRAP! The above post is complete CRAP!

Jb hifi purchase in bulk for their stores.

They work on a turnover basis rather than a GP ( gross profit) basis.

All items are sold with a full 12 month warranty. Some like Sony are even sold with 2 year warranties. This is guaranteed by law as a new electronic product must be covered by a 12 month manufacturer warranty.

this applies to display stock as well.

Alpine do sell to JB, however not the entire range. The refuse to "dump" product on Jb just for the sake of it.

Pioneer have in place a minimun buy quantity on units.

Most suppliers to Jb have to provide a % rebate based on wholesale turnover.

Ebay = CRAP from overseas without Australian warranties.

Honestly, before you come on here spouting crap, do your homework and be right with what you say.

I own two shops, one is my nick and the other is part of a 20 store franchise.

We deal with Pioneer on a daily basis and let me tell you JB HIFI are not the cheapest.

You get crap service, staff with no knowledge and if something goes wrong youll be waiting for years to get your stuff sorted under warranty.

JB HIFI are basically here to destroy every industry they can.

Whats worse people actually beleive their jingle as being the cheapest. Im actually glad for JB HIFI in Adelaide, because they have one installer between 4 stores and even that installer is only capable of half installing a headunit.

GO JB GO.

I own two shops, one is my nick and the other is part of a 20 store franchise.

We deal with Pioneer on a daily basis and let me tell you JB HIFI are not the cheapest.

You get crap service, staff with no knowledge and if something goes wrong youll be waiting for years to get your stuff sorted under warranty.

JB HIFI are basically here to destroy every industry they can.

Whats worse people actually beleive their jingle as being the cheapest. Im actually glad for JB HIFI in Adelaide, because they have one installer between 4 stores and even that installer is only capable of half installing a headunit.

GO JB GO.

Exactly what I was getting at as they have ABSOLUTELY NO PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE!!!! go in there and as what the wiring options are on a 2 sub DVC setup and how if the amp the sold you is 1 ohm stable... DUUHHH!! Yes .... pitty it is only 2 ohm stable!!

Hi, I am the operator of AuAudio.com feel free to PM / email me for the latest prices. It can be quite a task to update the website on a regular basis, the most up to date products are mainly available on ebay.

I can do my best with price matching too, all gear is backed by a 12 mth warranty (through AuAudio not the manufacture as the products are imported from overseas however stocked in Perth, WA.)

AuAudio has been in operation since 2003 and over 700 positive traders. All other products besides car audio are locally supplied with full manufacturers warranties.

Thanks

Edit: The 2007 models will be available on the 15th and the full range of Alpine & Pioneer will be updated shortly. For now check the ebay site

Edited by jjjDavey

Hi, I am the operator of AuAudio.com feel free to PM / email me for the latest prices. It can be quite a task to update the website on a regular basis, the most up to date products are mainly available on ebay.

I can do my best with price matching too, all gear is backed by a 12 mth warranty (through AuAudio not the manufacture as the products are imported from overseas however stocked in Perth, WA.)

AuAudio has been in operation since 2003 and over 700 positive traders. All other products besides car audio are locally supplied with full manufacturers warranties.

Thanks

I think that just about says it all, doesn't it?

Yerp no local warranty.

And i can guarantee that i can find products cheaper locally then buying from AuAudio.

The warranty is local as all products returned for repair are exchanged with a replacement in Perth, so there is no sending back to country of origin. This is a far better offer than those international drop shippers going around.

If you can find a cheaper price let me know and I will do my best to at least match it, as im sure it will be possible.

I have more room to move on the Pioneer prices than other brands.

Thanks, Justin.

Ok well with local warranty the shops take care of the freight, IT IS NOT PAID BY THE CUSTOMER.

So really your prices are not that competitive.

I admit yes at this time of year they aren't however throughout the year the prices are definetly lower than the local stores, at least in WA as every customer has mentioned this to me when making a purchase.

As far as all my local suppliers for mobiles phones etc go, as the seller we have to pay the postage back to our supplier so it is purely up to the store if they pay postage and charge it to the customer or not..

Most customers are from WA so they pickup / drop off the gear for any issues.

In terms of warranty there have been around 1% returns on Pioneer products so in the end its a minimal issue.

Neverthless.

I own stores one is on its own and the other is part of a 20 store franchise.

We pay up to and over $100k worth of rent per store every year.

You work from home. Then you get onto forums like this and tell people your cheaper and brag about it. If i was running my shop from my garage and not paying any rent and other expenses i would be much cheaper on Pioneer.

As i stated you are importing from other countries on Pioneer Australias turf and also playing ball with the local retail businesses.

In turn you are ruining the Australian car audio industry. At the end of the day businesses need to make money and untill your customers get into my shoes and see thousands of dollars flying out on expenses from their account, they simply wont understand the difference between you and myself. Without profit businesses cannot survive.

It would be nice if i took up direct importing and put $5 on every product and then ass raped your prices. WOULD YOU LIKE IT. NO obviously not.

You should realise that this isn't the place to be rubbishing each other's businesses. If this thread continues in this vein I will close it and issue warnings. I should also point out that SAU's only allegiance is to the Business Traders on this forum and to a certain extent, those businesses which sponsor the clubs in each states.

Thank you.