SAU Community

Need Some Help Please

slats01

Hi Guys

I tried a search but couldn't find anything (Im crap at searching). Im looking at a Stagea to replace my XT Foz as a family wagon as we have run out of room.

The trouble I have is Im 6"6' (2m) tall so don't get enough head and leg room in a lot of cars - for all you tall owners how well do you fit in the stagea?

Also when the front seat is all the way back is there much room in rear? that is the big problem at the moment as Im ending up with the kids feet in the back of my head.

thanks for you help guys Im really hoping this works out as a really don't want a commodore

Cheers

Nick

Edited by slats01

I am 6"2 and my Stag has got the sunroofs. It took some time to find the right position so that when I hit a decent bump my head doesnt hit the roof. It happens rarely now, and usually after I take it for a drive after my wife, and I have to reset my seating position. I went for a ride in the back of my Stag the other day and was surprised how comfortable it was with the rear seat laid back. Sure, the leg room wasnt terrific (although I have airbags in the backs of my seats), but it was pretty comfortable. I have actually got used to sitting much closer to the wheel when driving and I enjoy driving it like that. I have found my 6 YO can sit behind with no worries. In fact, he loves the centre rest in the back, and has a kip on it on longer drives.

You should consider though that the Autech RS260 and RS4S have seats which are lower, and, in the case of the Autech, do not come with sunroofs. I know Tangles has extended his seat rail, so he might be able to give you a few pointers too.

Thats my 2c worth to consider. Good luck with your decision. :(

Yeah I'm 6'2" and when I have my seat all the way back I can just touch the pedals, I can push them about 5cm if that, and I have the bottom of the seat in all the down positions, (electric seat which you can raise/lower the fron/back of the bottom section of the seat), so I have never hit the roof with my head........

So I put my seat about 15cms forward of the fully back position and my wife still has enough room to sit in the back, just.

Yeah on long trips we like the tilt postions of the back seats and tilt them back to let our kids sleep in a better position so they dont wake up with sore necks :P

6ft6 hey? thats around 195cm I believe. Im 201cm, and fit (now)

Got the sunroof(s) so I have to find the right head position, and Ive also had the seat rail extended by 1.5 inches - there is no room for anyone aged over say 5yrs to sit behind me.

Dammm Brendan your a monster LOL

lol, yah, quite hideous I must admit. Gotta say tho Im falling apart, (legs are shagged, back is on the way out) somedays I doubt that I'll live to see 50 :wub:

On topic, Id reluctantly suggest that the Stagea isnt the right car for a 2m tall person with a family..... but Im living the dream so what the heck.

We said we'd own the car for 10yrs, so we have 8.5yrs left of ownership. In that time tho we'll have to upgrade the wifes car (Nubira) to a small 4wd people mover I think (Ford Explorer size).

I am 6ft4 and found the car surprisingly small... think you just need to find that 'sweet' spot that suits, i kind of expected a bit more room because in our GTI-R with the seat all the way back i can't push the clutch in all the way

Can't be that bad though, i have made no effort to modify anything to fit :)

Edited by stagi-r

Thanks Guys

I think I'm just going to have to find one to see how well I fit - not so easy around Canberra you don't see many around.

So if any one in Canberra is willing to let me check out there wagon I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by slats01

There's Myself and Silverback, we both live in Belconnen and i work in the city. I'd be more than willing to let you have a look at mine, i'm sure Luke wouldn't mind either. Marc used to have one at discount tyres in belco, but it took a turn for the worst :P

There's another stagea in town, an RS-Four S owned by a guy named Tee. I think he lives southside but he's hard to get in contact with, not on the forums very regularly

Ummmm since I had the seat rails extended by 4cm, Ive found Ive got a wealth of room.

With seat reclined back a bit I sit very very comfy, head doesnt touch the roof and arms are the perfect distance away from the steering wheel, however definately no room for a littl-e behind me with the seat fully extended back.

But I had to extend the rails due to being a "one cap" (all you "two caps" out there will know what I mean) :) I owe it to myself that my knees have to be as comfy as possible.

If you want a Skyline but feel the wagon is more practicle, then mate go for it, the seat rails arnt actually all that hard to extend by a little bit, and a little extension goes a long way in terms of seated comfort.

Dam this two-cap world, damn you to hell. One caps FTW!!!111!!!111!!!!! Go you One-Caps :mad:

Thanks again guys

Tangles you must have more roon in the back from the Foz - the kids are only 2 and 1 so they dont need much more room only about 10cm. The big trouble at the moment is their car seats don't allow their legs to bend that much so they basically stick straight ahead.

Terminal thanks for the offer I would love to check your car out it. Ill PM you with my email etc and ill trade you a fang in the foz for one in your wagon.

Thanks again for all your help guys this is a great forum

cheers

Nick

XT's are really nice vehicles, why the change? They're not *that* small are they?

Stageas are great though, I hope for your sake you can fit into one.

Edited by d0p3y

Tangles its not so much I want a Skyline, I just like turbo AWD jap cars and hate commodores and falcons (and even better than that the other half wont settle anything less!).

I would go the liberty Gt but there is bugger all room in the front especially head room with the sun roof. The Stagea from all accounts looks like it could do the job in terms of fitting me and the kids plus offer some good performance.

The other cars we are looking at are the V6 4motion passat and the new Mazda CX7 but i figure for the price of one of those I can get a stagea plus a rex/evo to play around in.

Cheers

Nick

turbo territories are pretty cool, only problem is you'd have to live with the fact you're driving an SUV in the city, like all the other snobs/soccer mums. (mmm, soccer mums :laugh: )

if you've got the flash you might consider holding out for a new M35 stagea. they're due for compliance this year some time and look to me to be a little bit larger than the current C34 model. they come with a 2.5 Turbo V6 , 3L & 3.5L NA V6. Only problem they look even more like a volvo than our stageas, which is a bit depressing really.

I like the fact the stageas look like a volvo I reckon you would surprise a lot of people

Meh, the novelty and comments soon wears very thin.

One problem you will have is seeing the top half of the speedo and tacho dials. :no:

But my mum's Liberty was worse.

Meh, the novelty and comments soon wears very thin.

One problem you will have is seeing the top half of the speedo and tacho dials. :wave:

But my mum's Liberty was worse.

You can adjust the steering wheel height you know.

You can adjust the steering wheel height you know.

The steering wheel is as high as it will go. We have long legs and can't fit comfortably with it any lower. A Japanese car made for Japanese people, I guess! :)