SAU Community

r33 and r34 similarities

CR34TION

Hey guys and gals,

Are the r33 and r34 very similar.. ie can aftermarket exhausts and supsensions be interchanged between the two models?

Who here have owned both and what are you thoughts on the two in terms of performance and parts.

Cheers.

Engine wise, I don't think they share that much similarities apart from the obvious, like some electronics (but ECUs are different) and stuffs. But one thing that I am sure, they share the same sway bar...

Most of the aftermarket gizmos can be interchanged.. EBC's, exhausts, intercoolers, wheels, turbos.. actually thats most things.

U need a different ECU or aftermarket ECU. Depends how specific you're getting.. engine parts is that what you're getting at?

Exhausts and intercooler are not interchangeable... You'd adjustments in those things to fit either way... We have already proven it... They do not share the same engine, nor do they share the same floor-plan...

Originally posted by predator666

you can fit any intercooler to anything with the right piping and adjustment..

If you put it that way, then our idea of interchangeable is different. To me, interchangeable means you do not have to alter anything out of one car and fit the part to the other... But for the exhaust system, you'd have to alter a lot of things in order to fit an R33's to an R34 and vice versa. Probably the entire piping.

yeah, i mean interchangeable as in take off and bolt right on. Actually i'm looking at getting suspension from a r33 gtst or r33 gtr. I've been told the r33 gtr and r34 gtt have same suspension setup so this will work, but what about from a r33 gtst to r34 gtt?

thanx shiro for the info on the exhaust.. it's gonna be hard to find a second hand exhaust then.

Nope, certainly not from an R33 GTS-t to an R34 GT-t... Trust me on this one. Yes, it's hard to find a second hand exhaust. But if I am not mistaken, there is one for sale on www.japanesemotorsport.com.au

Check them out, they might be able to help... Or would like to buy mine, instead? Hehehe... I ahve not really decided, though... I might but I am not sure yet at this stage...

fade, this may help you.

I recently measured my stock 34 intercooler and its approximately 225 x 200 x 80 [all in mm]. Thats the core size only, not including end tanks. May help you decide whether its much of an upgrade or not. I have read that the 34 are thicker by 20mm [almost an inch].

Cheers.