SAU Community

Qr Sprints - 27 Jan 2007

ZENNON

Yer i really should stop being lazy and fit my new parts, i'll be out there again testing out some new gear. Hopefully i'll beat my old 1:08 time.

i should make a 67 easy with the current setup, i still got to put new plugs in, the new ported intake plenum and intake pipe and0 adjust the timing.

Might leave the new brake pads and lines for the next round rather than rush them on

isn't that only 1 sec?

haha yeah yeah - im just bored....

see the way i thought of it is when you (well me anyway) say something like "hopefully beating my old time of 1:08" (or or what ever the time may be) means your going to try and beat it but your not confident and will probably still be in the 1:08's just hopefully just a bit better. On the other hand saying something like "easily get 1:07" indicates it will most likely be a low 1:07...

anyways - times aren't that imporant afetrall - its all about the racing!!! /me loves it! :huh:

haha - ive never raced in the wet... sounds a little scary to be honest...

i love driving the hilux in the wet but the skyline is scary on the wet road... cant image the wet track

we race on the sprint track at SAS so they are sprint times

ok...so not many...ive seen atleast two in the 57's and heard of 1 in the 56's.

ZENNON if you rip that 20 out and stick a rb30det in there...that will change. Plus some semi slick tyres if you arent already running any.

You would be suprised how much difference a set of semi slicks will make. I have managed a 62 on the sprint layout in the sedan and I only have 175rwkw. Pretty sure I can get that down a bit further too as the tyres were pretty much dead as they were the old ones I used to run on the GTR. I did a flat 60 in the dry and a 68 in the wet in the GTR, it had about 210awkw. Plenty of opposite lock in the wet :)

post-1841-1169251455.jpg

ok...so not many...ive seen atleast two in the 57's and heard of 1 in the 56's.

that black r32 gtr that was there on the 9th dec did a 55.55 - was very cool!

ZENNON if you rip that 20 out and stick a rb30det in there...that will change. Plus some semi slick tyres if you arent already running any.

nah cant afford the engine conversion!!! one word: house-payments!! (ok two words) :)

as for tyres: yeah got some cheap wet-semi's atm.. ill get proper semi's when these are dead

You would be suprised how much difference a set of semi slicks will make. I have managed a 62 on the sprint layout in the sedan and I only have 175rwkw. Pretty sure I can get that down a bit further too as the tyres were pretty much dead as they were the old ones I used to run on the GTR. I did a flat 60 in the dry and a 68 in the wet in the GTR, it had about 210awkw. Plenty of opposite lock in the wet :/

yikes!! thats crazy! (the gtr in the wet)

yeah i dont have proper semi slicks and my car doesn't have that much grunt les than 175rwkw i think (ill find out at dyno day) but yeah ive managed a 63 - and ive been getting faster the more i go and took hicas out over the holidays so looking forward to this year :)

Well i'll be there, i'm confident that i'll make the 67's, i got adjustable camber tops and castor arms in the front, bigger sway bar and pillowball tops in the rear and its a bit lower and hard now.

hopefully the new intake pipe will get me a bit more air in too.

Im not too bothered with semi slicks on mine, im only making about 100 - 110 rwKw out of my RB30e.

See you guys on saturday

Well i'll be there, i'm confident that i'll make the 67's, i got adjustable camber tops and castor arms in the front, bigger sway bar and pillowball tops in the rear and its a bit lower and hard now.

Yeah over the holidays I also got the camber turned up a little, or is it down, haha, well more negative!

Im not too bothered with semi slicks on mine, im only making about 100 - 110 rwKw out of my RB30e.

Semi's aren't for traction when your on the gas - it's for the corners!! My friend jezza in his n/a starlet which has no power has semi's! (little thing corners like a deamon haha - he ran a 66.55 which I thought was pretty impressive

See you guys on saturday

sure will! come say hello cos i dont know what your car looks like